English Premier League 2019-20

Guest Moomintroll
Couple of really good games today and plenty of goals.

Salah is an utter joy to watch. Brilliant

Salah is a fantastic player, his close control is a thing of beauty. Arsenal, as always, are a bombscare at the back but those 3 (three) up front will rip some teams apart.

2 hours ago, Moomintroll said:
2 hours ago, Mastermind said:
Couple of really good games today and plenty of goals.

Salah is an utter joy to watch. Brilliant

Salah is a fantastic player, his close control is a thing of beauty. Arsenal, as always, are a bombscare at the back but those 3 three up front will rip some teams apart.

As much as the English media like to w**k themselves into a frenzy about Harry Kane, for my money Salah is the best forward in the Premier League, he offers a lot more than Kane does

44 minutes ago, GordonS said:

When Salah hits that penalty, Henderson is 3 yards inside the D. What's VAR for again?

Screenshot 2019-08-24 at 23.24.07.png

Is that not irrelevant unless there is a rebound which he managed to get to? I'm sure the ones where VAR has got involved have been saved penalties where the encroachment was relevant.

That was a genuine question, I don't actually know. Either way it shouldn't be disallowed for that.

1 minute ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

Is that not irrelevant unless there is a rebound which he managed to get to? I'm sure the ones where VAR has got involved have been saved penalties where the encroachment was relevant.

That was a genuine question, I don't actually know. Either way it shouldn't be disallowed for that.

I thought I knew until you said that, so I checked:

"If, before the ball is in play, one of the following occurs:

the player taking the penalty kick or a team-mate infringes the Laws of the Game:

• if the ball enters the goal, the kick is retaken"

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/law-14---the-penalty-kick

So yeah, if someone encroaches and the ball goes in, it should be retaken. Nobody cares about someone a foot or two inside the box or D, but Henderson was waaay in, and in the keeper's eyeline too. I'm sure it wouldn't have made any difference to the match but I was surprised it didn't get spotted.

19 minutes ago, GordonS said:

So yeah, if someone encroaches and the ball goes in, it should be retaken. Nobody cares about someone a foot or two inside the box or D, but Henderson was waaay in, and in the keeper's eyeline too. I'm sure it wouldn't have made any difference to the match but I was surprised it didn't get spotted.

Well not exactly, if only a defender encroaches (i.e. #5 in your image) and a goal is scored then it's fine. If a player from both team offends then it should be retaken.

However I think they've made it clear in the VAR protocol that only encroachment by a player who then gets involved with a rebound can be reviewed. Which is fair enough as that's really the only thing that affects what happens after the penalty is taken.

6 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

That Allez Allez song does my fucking tits in

I bet it does :lol:.

Lovely stuff 🏆😎

5 hours ago, Biscuits said:

This Liverpool team is fanfuckintastic. All over the pitch

5 hours ago, Dele said:

Fair play to Klopp, Liverpool look fucking brilliant. 

Anyone for a Lolverpool ... :D

5 hours ago, DAVIDB69 said:

Liverpool have a fantastic team but they have never sorted that PA system that man has sounded like he has been under water for the last 40 years.

George Sephton the best in the business. 

Edited by Rab B Nesbit

Brilliant performance from Liverpool really enjoyed that tonight. That third goal from Salah was superb. 

Arsenal could hardly get out of their own half but they really should have taken the lead through Pepe. Their attempts find space passing out from the back by hugging the lines were certainly a bit different but didn’t work. Then again no one can come up with what would have. 

Many stand out performances but Firmino was just unplayable at times. 

So 3 wins out of 3 and the only team still with a 100% record. Roll on Burnley next Saturday :)

Edited by Rab B Nesbit