English Premier League 2019-20

3 hours ago, DrewDon said:

The Athletic reporting that Liverpool have submitted a £10m bid to Norwich for Jamal Lewis. He is basically a Lidl version of Andy Robertson from what I've seen of him, so probably does make sense as back-up option. 

It's a similar signing to when they signed Robertson from Hull.

Liverpool have the 'problem' in a few positions where they have such an established player in a position that top quality players aren't going to come to sit on the bench, or current players aren't going to accept being displaced and sitting games out. There is more flexibility in midfield where they already rotate a bit, but I'm interested in how they recruit across the back line and up front. They seem to be going for younger guys with potential as back-up and gradually phase them in. The risk with that is that they don't develop as hoped and then need chucked in due to an injury and can't cope.

On 06/08/2020 at 17:12, DrewDon said:

The Athletic reporting that Liverpool have submitted a £10m bid to Norwich for Jamal Lewis. He is basically a Lidl version of Andy Robertson from what I've seen of him, so probably does make sense as back-up option. 

They have moved on quickly to Kostas Tsimikas from Olympiakos; deal completed today. Can't say I know him too well, though he played well against Wolves last week.