English Premier League 2019-20

22 minutes ago, Estragon IS NOT a fud said:

Funny to see you make this post, when the exact same sentiment applies to you and Liverpool. 40 years later and you still haven't grown out of your childhood gloryhunting. Minter.

#loyalcustomer

Will never grow out of it fud love going to watch them :)

Who do you follow yourself ?  

6 minutes ago, Stevieda said:

Can we have a liverpool thread for all Rabs pish please? This thread is becoming unreadable. And I'm a liverpool fan.

I even posted photos from being the game on Saturday you should have shared your experience. I’m not sure what more you want Stevie :)

5 minutes ago, Estragon IS NOT a fud said:

I'm not a customer of any English team, Rab. Was able to grow out of any gloryhunting around the age I hit puberty.

Good stuff fud. Who do you follow post puberty ?  

1 hour ago, Stevieda said:

Can we have a liverpool thread for all Rabs pish please? This thread is becoming unreadable. And I'm a liverpool fan.

Feel free to open one. Not that it'll make any difference. It's well over a year since his breakdown and he's still hellbent on his revenge spamming campaign. The mods love a persistent spammer so it's not likely to change any time soon but fire ahead and start one up. 

On 17/08/2019 at 19:45, the_bully_wee said:

VAR in principle is a good thing, I would say - but I was (perhaps mistakenly) under the impression that it would only be applied in situations where a clear and obvious officiating mistake had been made (whether that be an incorrect call or missing something completely). The extent to which it's being called upon is a joke at present.

Your right. VAR is good in principle but they're using it completely wrongly to its detriment and, combined with the farcical new laws it's highlighting, the whole thing is a shambles. Teething troubles were expected but it's currently ridiculous. Get the laws right, get the VAR use right and it'll be fine. 

1 hour ago, Torpar said:

Genuine question Rab, what is the Scouser vs Woollyback/Tourist fans split like for Liverpool home and away games? 

Now there’s a question Torpy. Not sure. The new main stand has opened up the hospitality / tourist intake. There’s nearly 30,000 season ticket holders most had them for decades and local. 

Away games tickets are like gold dust still a big Scouse core to that support. 

3 hours ago, 7-2 said:

Feel free to open one. Not that it'll make any difference. It's well over a year since his breakdown and he's still hellbent on his revenge spamming campaign. The mods love a persistent spammer so it's not likely to change any time soon but fire ahead and start one up. 

reminded me of exhibit A (champions league thread for last season) which stood out because, well...

image.thumb.png.4899b0f8b27e7cdedc3f53a629fd0606.png

yeah. Genuinely find it a bit alarming at this point, seeing as a bipolar guy I had on facebook a few years back would do something similar (multiple, lengthy replies to himself on his own feed) after having a complete mental breakdown.

whatever this whole desperation for attention on here is about, it's not healthy behaviour for someone that's presumably in their 30s to be indulging in.

7 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

reminded me of exhibit A (champions league thread for last season) which stood out because, well...

image.thumb.png.4899b0f8b27e7cdedc3f53a629fd0606.png

I think that must have been the days following the Barcelona 2nd leg jag. The stuff of dreams :D

Edited by Rab B Nesbit

Your right. VAR is good in principle but they're using it completely wrongly to its detriment and, combined with the farcical new laws it's highlighting, the whole thing is a shambles. Teething troubles were expected but it's currently ridiculous. Get the laws right, get the VAR use right and it'll be fine. 
Is it good in principle though?

No matter what you do major incidents can be overturned. That explosion of emotion that we feel as fans will have to be tempered.