English Premier League 2019-20

Roy Hodgson shrugs his shoulders and wrinkles his nose up followed by a sigh with a distant stare within 5 seconds of his sky interview at Anfield - I think he knows what is coming...

Edited by bairney

Guest SJP79

I wonder how much Scotland as a country contributes to the English football system in comparison with our own leagues ?

There seems to be a large amount of Scots who support an english team, buying shirts and other merchandise, going to games, purchasing TV subscriptions and club TV, we must be pumping a huge amount of money directly into thier game. 

Which begs the question, do many English fans support a Scottish club as thier second team ?

Edited by SJP79

1 minute ago, SJP79 said:

I wonder how much Scotland as a country contributes to the English football system in comparison with our own leagues ?

There seems to be a large amount of Scots who support an english team, buying shirts and other merchandise, going to games, purchasing TV subscriptions and club TV, we must be pumping a huge amount of money directly into thier game. 

Which begs the question to many English fans support a Scottish club as thier second team ?

This second team thing is a lot of pish. I hate fans of Scottish teams having an ‘English’ team. Pure bollocks.

Guest SJP79
1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

This second team thing is a lot of pish. I hate fans of Scottish teams having an ‘English’ team. Pure bollocks.

I totally agree but its such a common thing it has to be pulling in a serious wedge for the big English clubs that could be redirected into our own game. 

I guess there is a huge element of glory hunting involved in the selection process :)

46 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Quite surprising that a team that cost c.£500m looks dangerous against an absolutely honking Sheffield United said tbh.

They’ve been utter shite for 7 years, getting beat fairly regularly at home by worse teams than Sheffield United. They actually may have turned the corner at home now.