English Premier League 2019-20

In the past week I've watched:

Aston Villa 0-0 Sheffield United

Juventus 0-0 Napoli

Sevilla 0-0 Barcelona

Liverpool 0-0 Everton

Leicester 0-0 Brighton

I also stopped watching Fulham 0-0 Brentford with five minutes to go, and it ended up 0-2.

Only goals I've seen LIVE in that time were Bruno Fernandes' penalty (I missed the opener) and the three that Southampton got against Norwich. Think I'll switch off the Tottenham game at half-time and give you all a chance.

Edited by David W

4 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

I don't know why the anti-VAR brigade on Twitter are up in arms about that one?

He was offiside and the VAR made his decision very quickly.

I thought that about the commentary who made it seem controversial, it was pretty clear to be honest. I suspect the commentary sets the tone of the twitter discussion to be honest, relying on what they are told rather than what they see.

5 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

I don't know why the anti-VAR brigade on Twitter are up in arms about that one?

He was offiside and the VAR made his decision very quickly.

Based on that image he was aye. But it’s unlikely that the image is taken at the exact moment that ball leaves foot. It’s also unlikely that the angle is straight on and that the lines drawn on are completely accurate.

When there’s so many variables and it’s as close a call as that it’s quite hard to argue that it’s “clear and obvious”.

Guest DAVIDB69
Harry Kane is so far off the pace

It is too early to suggest the peak of Harry Kane might be gone just 27 I know but the injuries and doing it for 6 or 7 years may have may taken the toll.

Next euros and then World Cup that’s only 2 years and that might be it

Well maybe not quite yet

Harry Kane is so far off the pace

It is too early to suggest the peak of Harry Kane might be gone just 27 I know but the injuries and doing it for 6 or 7 years may have may taken the toll.

Next euros and then World Cup that’s only 2 years and that might be it

Well maybe not quite yet
Always the way [emoji38]

1 hour ago, lichtie23 said:

Names back on the shirts but still taking the knee. Is this going to continue until the end of the league campaign?

I hope not. Possibly just reinforcing the message after the incident at the Burnley game last night. 

1 hour ago, lichtie23 said:

Names back on the shirts but still taking the knee. Is this going to continue until the end of the league campaign?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53030146

"Premier League players' names will be replaced on the back of their shirts with 'Black Lives Matter' for the first 12 matches of the restarted season."

3 hours ago, eez-eh said:

Based on that image he was aye. But it’s unlikely that the image is taken at the exact moment that ball leaves foot. It’s also unlikely that the angle is straight on and that the lines drawn on are completely accurate.

When there’s so many variables and it’s as close a call as that it’s quite hard to argue that it’s “clear and obvious”.

The angle doesn’t need to be straight on. The lines are calibrated to take it into account.

Offside has also never needed to be “clear and obvious”. 

Bombscare David Luiz signs a new year one contract at Arsenal - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53161746

Unbelievable! 😂

ETA - Mari and Soares have also joined pernamently

Arsenal now have 8 CBs under contract for next season!  

They are Luiz, Mari, Mustafi, Chambers, Holding, Mavrapanos, Sokratis and Saliba.

Edited by Bishop Briggs

12 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Bombscare David Luiz signs a new year one contract at Arsenal - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53161746

Unbelievable! 😂

ETA - Mari and Soares have also joined pernamently

Arsenal now have 8 CBs under contract for next season!  

They are Luiz, Mari, Mustafi, Chambers, Holding, Mavrapanos, Sokratis and Saliba.

Crazy. He's now officially Arteta's payer. At least he could have seen he inherited him.

7 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Crazy. He's now officially Arteta's payer. At least he could have seen he inherited him.

Luiz must have bunged somebody to get a new deal! Soares seems like a cheap back-up, especially since he's been injured for so long.

Arsenal obviously. have no more money to improve the squad. There will be a big instalment for Pepe under last year's OTT deal plus a bit more to Celtic for Tierney.

There's so much dross to be cleared out!

On 22/06/2020 at 10:18, pozbaird said:

Maybees aye, maybees naw. At least the likes of Liverpool, Villa, Leeds and Co will decide their own fate on the field. As usual with the EPL, it isn’t always great games, what league always has great games? The Covid 19 measures are in many cases OTT, and there’s all the BLM stuff, and their goal-line technology robbed Sheffield Utd. There’s a lot of boxes ticked for the TV coverage - subs ten miles apart from each other, balls disenfected and on plinths, fourth officials in facemasks, full PPE on a couple of medics... tick, tick, tick... but still, it’s on... and it’s live. Would anyone deny the Wolves goals were belters? The Palace goals? 

Up here? We gave up the fcuking ghost, and now we have clubs taking legal action. Eight games. Eight lousy games that could have been fitted in Wed-Sun-Wed-Sun. Somehow, it could have been achieved. We truly are tinpot.

Stick to driving 30 miles to play golf and going with your wife to the shopping mall...

1 hour ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Luiz must have bunged somebody to get a new deal! Soares seems like a cheap back-up, especially since he's been injured for so long.

Arsenal obviously. have no more money to improve the squad. There will be a big instalment for Pepe under last year's OTT deal plus a bit more to Celtic for Tierney.

There's so much dross to be cleared out!

They're not too far away from having a brilliant team but there's too much dross as you say.

Too many good players signed and shoe horned in to roles and positions rather than being used in the roles that made them successful elsewhere.