English Premier League 2019-20

Law 3 – The Players – Temporary amendment 

In summary: 
- Each team will be permitted to use a maximum of five substitutes.
- To reduce disruption to the match, each team will have a maximum of three opportunities to make substitutions during the game; substitutions may also be made at half-time.
- If both teams make a substitution at the same time, this will count as one of the three opportunities for each team.
- Unused substitutions and opportunities are carried forward into extra time.
- Where competition rules allow an additional substitution in extra time, teams will each have one additional substitution opportunity; substitutions may also be made before the start of extra time and at half-time in extra time.     

The use of return substitutes is not an option for senior competitions.

2 minutes ago, accies1874 said:
4 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:
What a miss by Davies!

Gomez did well. I thought it had crept in.

I agree but Davies could have struck it better.

Everton have a good chance with bombscare Lovren on the pitch. Van Dijk must hate playing with him.

14 minutes ago, Michael W said:

That was absolutely honking. 

There was about seven minutes of entertainment, and the rest was utter garbage. I feel sickened at myself for sitting through it.  

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

There was about seven minutes of entertainment, and the rest was utter garbage. I feel sickened at myself for sitting through it.  

Same. Only kept it on as I had nothing else to do and it has been a while since I last watched a game. In fact, pretty sure the last game I watched was Raith v Partick Thistle in the diddy cup. 

2 hours ago, Bishop Briggs said:

I agree but Davies could have struck it better.

Everton have a good chance with bombscare Lovren on the pitch. Van Dijk must hate playing with him.

Lovren is a defender with an attacker's mindset. He always wants to isolate attackers and then try and 'beat' them in a one on one dual, like an attacker would to a defender. As a result he gets himself drawn out of position so easily, dives into challenges and as you say, must be a nightmare to play next to. His style means he'll have the odd game when things come off for him and he'll look excellent, but over a season he cannot be relied upon.

I think Carragher described it in commentary as him being led by his emotions too much by being drawn into individual battles, which I think is accurate.

Edited by Diamonds are Forever

11 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I doubt there has ever been a lower quality round of matches than we've just witnessed over the last few days. 

It's understandable, though. 

Everton should have won that last night. 

12 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I doubt there has ever been a lower quality round of matches than we've just witnessed over the last few days. 

Maybees aye, maybees naw. At least the likes of Liverpool, Villa, Leeds and Co will decide their own fate on the field. As usual with the EPL, it isn’t always great games, what league always has great games? The Covid 19 measures are in many cases OTT, and there’s all the BLM stuff, and their goal-line technology robbed Sheffield Utd. There’s a lot of boxes ticked for the TV coverage - subs ten miles apart from each other, balls disenfected and on plinths, fourth officials in facemasks, full PPE on a couple of medics... tick, tick, tick... but still, it’s on... and it’s live. Would anyone deny the Wolves goals were belters? The Palace goals? 

Up here? We gave up the fcuking ghost, and now we have clubs taking legal action. Eight games. Eight lousy games that could have been fitted in Wed-Sun-Wed-Sun. Somehow, it could have been achieved. We truly are tinpot.

3 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Maybees aye, maybees naw. At least the likes of Liverpool, Villa, Leeds and Co will decide their own fate on the field. As usual with the EPL, it isn’t always great games, what league always has great games? The Covid 19 measures are in many cases OTT, and there’s all the BLM stuff, and their goal-line technology robbed Sheffield Utd. There’s a lot of boxes ticked for the TV coverage - subs ten miles apart from each other, balls disenfected and on plinths, fourth officials in facemasks, full PPE on a couple of medics... tick, tick, tick... but still, it’s on... and it’s live. Would anyone deny the Wolves goals were belters? The Palace goals? 

Up here? We gave up the fcuking ghost, and now we have clubs taking legal action. Eight games. Eight lousy games that could have been fitted in Wed-Sun-Wed-Sun. Somehow, it could have been achieved. We truly are tinpot.

Scottish teams couldn't afford to implement the regime needed to allow games to be played.

5 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Scottish teams couldn't afford to implement the regime needed to allow games to be played.

We couldn’t accomodate eight games? Really? I do not believe we couldn’t have found a way to finish the season. Somehow?

We couldn’t accomodate eight games? Really? I do not believe we couldn’t have found a way to finish the season. Somehow?
Think the issue would have been with the cost of testing every player and member of staff twice a week and any other changes that would require to be implemented to make it 'safe'.

This post is all over the shop.

27 minutes ago, accies1874 said:
3 hours ago, pozbaird said:

This post is all over the shop.

How so? In response to a post saying the slate of EPL games so far has been pretty rubbish, I responded saying maybe it has, maybe it hasn’t but at least they are going again while we are tinpot as fcuk. Also, what league anywhere is uniformly great, all the time. No-one need agree with my comments, but they aren’t all over the shop.

I maintain we are utterly tinpot. From the ‘confusion’ around Dundee’s vote, to Ann Budge desperately looking for reconstruction to save Hearts’ ass, to Hearts and Partick now taking legal action, to Sevco having a ‘dossier’ of wrong-doing, to the accusations of bullying to influence voting intentions, to the next piece of utter SPFL fcukwit tinpottery...

Don’t see what was all over the shop. Easy to understand, unless you’re a thick fcuk. You’re not a thick fcuk are you?

Edited by pozbaird

A very visual campaign in Liverpool over the weekend. #BAbetrayal lit up the Liver building, Cathedral, Liverpool Museum, Radio Tower and the Albert docks on Friday and finished at Goodison Park at yesterday's derby game. #Liverpool unite and #SatndWithBAWorkers

ImageImageImageImage
Edited by Musketeer Gripweed