English Premier League 2019-20

I’m not convinced that it’s serious foul play - slow motion replays always make ‘stamps’ look 100x worse - but that shouldn’t matter. The challenge is clearly endangering an opponent just like a knee high lunge and so should be a red card under those terms anyway. If they’re not checking it under every potential offence then the system is a joke.

12 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

VAR wrong again emoji38.png

Not really, VAR done its job getting the incident highlighted. The referee making the decision though...

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Not really, VAR done its job getting the incident highlighted. The referee making the decision though...

VAR IS the referee though. Hence Video Assistant Referee.

16 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
20 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

So the Video Assistant Referee is indeed wrong then?...

16 minutes ago, Slenderman said:

VAR IS the referee though. Hence Video Assistant Referee.

Yes, but most people I see on Twitter etc. claim that VAR as a technology is the issue, and not the people actually making the decision.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yes, but most people I see on Twitter etc. claim that VAR as a technology is the issue, and not the people actually making the decision.

the VAR bunker now saying that is was not a VAR mistake, but human error - couldn't fucking make this up - what an absolute shower of shit.....

The commentary team are priceless. Hoddle tying himself in knots. He agreed that it shouldn't be a red card but then says that's where Stockley Park let themselves down. Fails to mention that he agreed with them. "He was trying to roll the ball back with his boot" Was he Glen ? Aye ? They pay a referee for his opinion and he does a somersault too, after agreeing with VAR. It was as clear a red card as you will ever see. 

On 20/02/2020 at 00:10, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

They surely should have picked a league or asked for a volunteer for a fee and trialled VAR for a while before implementing it widely. 

Either a one or three year trial in Switzerland or Denmark or whatever and iron everything out with how its implemented, its an utter shambles and is ruining games.

I hope Scotland never adopts it and it is becoming a selling point for a league that it doesn't have it, fans just want to watch real football.

A trial in Switzerland ? It’s not fucking Euthanasia mate !!

Crystal Palace were all over Newcastle for 15 minutes. Newcastle break, Joelinton takes a pop from about 30 yards and the Palace keeper makes an excellent the save. 

The resultant corner was one of the worst I've ever seen in my life. In play and back out before the 18 yard box. :lol:

Alonso much better as a wing-back rather than LB in a flat back 4. I think he struggles at LB

Alonso played well in a flat back 4 many times but was when Chelsea had Kante playing in the holding role and had that superb season a couple of years back covering every blade of grass in front of their defence.

Apparently scenes in the Bournemouth game. Bournemouth score a goal which is chopped off and the game then dragged back and Burnley given a penalty for handball a considerable time before. 

VAR is terrific. 

Edited by Dele

14 minutes ago, Dele said:

Apparently scenes in the Bournemouth game. Bournemouth score a goal which is chopped off and the game then dragged back and Burnley given a penalty for handball a considerable time before. 

VAR is terrific. 

yeah but everything's right by the letter of the law so, y'know, the game's the winner and everyone should be happy...

imagine how stupid all those millions of people were who made football the most popular spectator sport in the history of humanity; if they'd only realised that they were watching something that could have been improved by the intervention of some clueless c***s in a hut guessing at things which impacted on, undermined and ultimately ruined the spontaneity of the whole thing - duh - what simplistic easily-pleased twats they must all have been...