English Premier League 2019-20

Just now, The Master said:

The point of the proposed “tolerance” is because the video only moves at 50fps so you can’t tell the precise moment that the ball leaves the foot. 

A thicker line would account for that. 

Unfortunately the thicker pundit doesn't understand that. 

The Premier League is rubbish now.
VAR is only hindering the game. Watching the Swansea game the other night was great. 8 goals scored and you never had to worry that one was going to be chocked off.

Tonight we've seen VAR disallow a good goal and miss a red card. It's fucking useless.

1 minute ago, Blootoon87 said:

It's only parts of the body you can play the ball with I think.

But as has been seen numerous times this season, you can play the ball with your arm as a defender and get away with it. 

It's absolutely fucked the game as a spectator sport since its arrival, as anyone with half a brain could see it would. 

1 minute ago, Dele said:

But as has been seen numerous times this season, you can play the ball with your arm as a defender and get away with it. 

It's absolutely fucked the game as a spectator sport since its arrival, as anyone with half a brain could see it would. 

The law specifically mentions hands and arms not counting for offside purposes, for both the attacker and defenders (including the goalkeeper). 

Aye it's a load of shite. I'm already dreading the Scotland playoff/s (even more so).

Guest bernardblack

The game is gone. Giroud gets no advantage with his big toe being offside there. Different story if he scores with the foot however

Let’s Maguire off being out of position too which no commentator would ever dare mention

Just now, The Master said:

The law specifically mentions hands and arms not counting for offside purposes, for both the attacker and defenders (including the goalkeeper). 

I'm sure the laws also state you can't volley somebody in the penis. The laws aren't being upheld and the game has actually got worse since VAR's introduction. 

A massive waste of time, money and energy. Bin the lot of it. 

2 minutes ago, Dele said:

I'm sure the laws also state you can't volley somebody in the penis. The laws aren't being upheld and the game has actually got worse since VAR's introduction. 

A massive waste of time, money and energy. Bin the lot of it. 

It’s only “worse” because the EPL has decided to make a complete pig’s ear of the implementation. 

It works perfectly well on the continent. 

It’s only “worse” because the EPL has decided to make a complete pig’s ear of the implementation. 
I'm not sure that's the case. The experience of the fan in the stadium is still ruined by var - even if it is better implemented.

4 minutes ago, The Master said:

The ridiculous handball decisions you see in European competition suggest you’re talking shite.

And either way - the premier league have proven they don’t have a fucking clue how to implement it, it’s not gonna magically get better next season.

I’ve really lost interest in the EPL this year. Unsure if it’s VAR, Liverpool romping it or a combination of both.

I’m the same. The whole best league in the world stuff is utter fucking nonsense. The game is dead in the top division down south

2 minutes ago, The Master said:

You'll have to post up proof of that, tbh. 

As short as a couple of months ago there was weeks upon weeks of controversy in Germany. Just because it isn't reported on doesn't mean you can say it 'works perfectly'.