English Premier League 2019-20

3 minutes ago, DAVIDB69 said:

I noticed BT keep trying to give wolves the Europa league tiredness bug , which usually strikes most English sides.

Funnily enough wolves play their best side in majority of games just like the old days,

So do Liverpool. The team picks itself.

Klopp does not rotate much and he was forced into playing the U23s in the League Cup against Villa.

34 minutes ago, GordonS said:

How Liverpool don't win the league:

Draw at Wolves tonight

Draw at Everton in the derby

Draw at home with top-6 slaying experts Crystal Palace

Lose at Man City

And Liverpool's last 3 fixtures - away at Arsenal, home to Chelsea, away at Newcastle.

Not exactly likely, but it's not quite champagne time yet. 

jurgen klopp lol GIF by Liverpool FC

Not that it would have made any difference, but a minimum of 4 minutes of injury time was shown, Woves wanted a free kick but were given a throw, Firmino blasted it away when it was already out wasting another 20 seconds or so and the ref still blew for full time before the 4 minutes minimum had been played. I know, PTTGOYN thread for this pish.

Like the way Liverpool play but also like Wolves and Nuno so this was always going to be a decent game and so it proved. Hope Wolves can go on to either finish 4th (probably very unlikely) or win the Europa League not only because of how they play but also to get it up those English clubs who either use the Europa League as an excuse for a poor season or who bizarrely try all season to qualify then try to get knocked out as soon as they can the following year.

39 minutes ago, GordonS said:

How Liverpool don't win the league:

Draw at Wolves tonight

Draw at Everton in the derby

Draw at home with top-6 slaying experts Crystal Palace

Lose at Man City

And Liverpool's last 3 fixtures - away at Arsenal, home to Chelsea, away at Newcastle.

Not exactly likely, but it's not quite champagne time yet. 

Ooft, that is a belter.

I assume, City will will all of their remaining games for this scenario to happen as well. Because that isn't happening either.

2 minutes ago, DAVIDB69 said:

League is over , but I still they will come a cropper in the champions league this year, despite BT deciding they have won that as well.

There are a lot of good teams in the Champions League they could face but I don’t think there are any great teams.

On present form Liverpool are the favourites but have a very tough tie in the next round.

In the first 40 matches of their epic undefeated runs (the only runs of that length in the English top flight):

Notts Forest W20 D20, longest winning streak 4

Arsenal W28 D12, longest winning streak 9

Chelsea W33 D7 , longest winning streak 9

Liverpool W35 D5, longest winning streak 17

Liverpool have only lost one league match in their last 62. FFS.

13 minutes ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

Ooft, that is a belter.

I assume, City will will all of their remaining games for this scenario to happen as well. Because that isn't happening either.

How is it "a belter"?

Man City are far enough ahead of the rest to potentially win every game to the end of the season in this crazed era in English football. Obviously not likely, but in May 2018 would you have said Liverpool would only lose 1 match until now? 

2 minutes ago, GordonS said:

How is it "a belter"?

Man City are far enough ahead of the rest to potentially win every game to the end of the season in this crazed era in English football. Obviously not likely, but in May 2018 would you have said Liverpool would only lose 1 match until now? 

Well, you've assumed that Liverpool could potentially lose about 18 points in the next 15 games when they have only lost 2 in the the 40.

Meanwhile City will win the next 16 after losing about 6 this season already.

Belter.