English Premier League 2019-20

Just now, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Keeper cleared the ball after the save. VAR should have checked that.

No, because they’re not using VAR for goalkeeper encroachment.

It was entirely he linesman’s responsibility to enforce it.

1 minute ago, The Master said:

No, because they’re not using VAR for goalkeeper encroachment.

It was entirely he linesman’s responsibility to enforce it.

Not for the save. But because the keeper is the first player to touch the ball after the save.

VAR should check that the clearing player hasn't encroached, which the keeper did. I know it seems stuid but that is the way England have chosen to use VAR.

Few wee thoughts on the Sheffield Utd - Man City game...

Oli McBurnie is still rubbish.

John Fleck is in great form, I've never been a fan but he has to be in with a strong shout of a starting place against Israel. So much confidence.

Kevin De Bruyne doesn't see in the observable spectrum of light. He sees in spacetime.

What proportion of Man City's goals are side-footed into an effectively empty goal? Their ability to remove the keeper from the equation is extraordinary. I've been waiting for someone to work out how to stop these goals but the fact that no-one has suggests it must be next to impossible.

Looking forward to seeing the David Lulz red card later.

4 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Not for the save. But because the keeper is the first player to touch the ball after the save.

VAR should check that the clearing player hasn't encroached, which the keeper did. I know it seems stuid but that is the way England have chosen to use VAR.

No, the EPL have said that VAR will only be used for outfield players who encroach if they then have an impact on the play (e.g. clearing the ball after a save, or scoring a rebound). 

Edited by The Master

Just now, The Master said:

No, the EPL have said that VAR will only be used for outfield players who encroach if they then have an impact on the play (e.g. clearing the ball after a save, or scoring a rebound). 

6 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

Fairly sure in an Arsenal game earlier in the season they got a retake due to the keeper being off the line. 

Ah, I've just remembered this was why the Arsenal one was given. I'm chatting nonsense.