English Premier League 2019-20

Guest DAVIDB69
Liverpool could end up close to 30 points clear by the end of the season.
Surely now Sky and Talksport will stop spinning the yarn that it’s the most competitive league in the world hahaha.

Indeed they could it’s been a strange season , no one could have guessed the start they would have made and the regress of city.

Could have both spurs and arsenal sitting out Europe completely next season.

Liverpool are finally, clearly going to get the monkey off their back about not winning the league for so long and will probably win it by a distance, at least ten points in my opinion. 

With the Champions League still very much there to go for and, given Liverpool's love affair with that competition will Klopp maybe risk dropping a few league points by rotating the squad in a few EPL matches and possibly missing out on an invincible league season?

Going forward they are frightening to watch, the pace at which they move from back to front combined with the threat from the full backs and the quick feet of the forward three makes you expect a goal almost every time they break forward, only slight weaknesses they have is a tendency to overplay things at times meaning they dont kill teams off and have the occasional brain fart moment at the back, like Gomez had on a couple of occasions, Tottenham had two virtual sitters they missed to take a point but, equally, on balance of play overall couldn't have had any complaints at a 3 or 4-0 drubbing there.

Its going to be an absolute joke when two arsehole clubs get var brought in here purely because of their obsession with eachother, despite all the mounting evidence that its to the detriment of football enjoyment.
Falkirk and Dunfermline?

12 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Liverpool are finally, clearly going to get the monkey off their back about not winning the league for so long and will probably win it by a distance, at least ten points in my opinion. 

With the Champions League still very much there to go for and, given Liverpool's love affair with that competition will Klopp maybe risk dropping a few league points by rotating the squad in a few EPL matches and possibly missing out on an invincible league season?

Going forward they are frightening to watch, the pace at which they move from back to front combined with the threat from the full backs and the quick feet of the forward three makes you expect a goal almost every time they break forward, only slight weaknesses they have is a tendency to overplay things at times meaning they dont kill teams off and have the occasional brain fart moment at the back, like Gomez had on a couple of occasions, Tottenham had two virtual sitters they missed to take a point but, equally, on balance of play overall couldn't have had any complaints at a 3 or 4-0 drubbing there.

I think he could quite easily rotate the squad and still keep winning tbh.

Domestically the competition is honking and add to that teams are now terrified of Liverpool.

4 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I think he could quite easily rotate the squad and still keep winning tbh.

Domestically the competition is honking and add to that teams are now terrified of Liverpool.

They still have a soft centre in midfield at times and neither Lovren, Matip nor Gomez fully convince me as partner to VVD, I can still see them having a sticky patch and losing a game or two, especially if, as I suspect Klopp rests one or two guys with the Champions League in mind but, they have such a gap now that will be largely immaterial in the concept of the league title. 

No one at the club will admit it, especially Jurgen Klopp but, I think if they get past Atletico Madrid, which I expect them to, the Champions League will be prioritised in terms of team selection as, by that point we will be into March and the finishing line in terms of the league will be in sight.

8 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

They still have a soft centre in midfield at times and neither Lovren, Matip nor Gomez fully convince me as partner to VVD, I can still see them having a sticky patch and losing a game or two, especially if, as I suspect Klopp rests one or two guys with the Champions League in mind but, they have such a gap now that will be largely immaterial in the concept of the league title. 

No one at the club will admit it, especially Jurgen Klopp but, I think if they get past Atletico Madrid, which I expect them to, the Champions League will be prioritised in terms of team selection as, by that point we will be into March and the finishing line in terms of the league will be in sight.

They've got last seasons champions league in the bag, the premier league is a massive monkey on their back, they simply have to win it at all cost, almost like getting your hole for the first time, you can worry about everything else after you've done it.  if I was Klopp it would be full speed ahead in the league utill both hands are firmly on the trophy,  besides the way things are going they could be champions by early april , leaving a clear path to the champions league.  but they have been lucky with unjuries so far

13 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Agree about Lovren and Gomez, but Matip is a fantastic defender. He was every bit as good as VVD during the second half of last season and this season until he got injured. He's the most underrated player in the league, probably due to VVD getting all the plaudits.

15 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

They could play their second string in the league and still win most games tbh.

Atletico Madrid in the Champs League will be a big step up in class from what they have faced domestically but I still fancy them to get through.

43 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

I think they're going to win the league on the weekend of 4th April - at Man City. But until it's done I don't think they rest anybody for any league match, they're monomaniacal about it.

Edited by GordonS

Agree about Lovren and Gomez, but Matip is a fantastic defender. He was every bit as good as VVD during the second half of last season and this season until he got injured. He's the most underrated player in the league, probably due to VVD getting all the plaudits.

Yep I thought Matip was brilliant in 2nd half of last season. Fully expect he’ll be back in once fit. How long is he out for?

1 hour ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

They've got last seasons champions league in the bag, the premier league is a massive monkey on their back, they simply have to win it at all cost, almost like getting your hole for the first time, you can worry about everything else after you've done it.  if I was Klopp it would be full speed ahead in the league utill both hands are firmly on the trophy,  besides the way things are going they could be champions by early april , leaving a clear path to the champions league.  but they have been lucky with unjuries so far

The keeper missed 8 weeks. Fabinho, Matip, Lovren, Oxlade Chamberlain, Shaqiri,  Clyne and Keita have all missed fair chunks of the season as well. But yeah, they've been lucky I guess.