English Premier League 2019-20

These lists are always a good indication of which players have good agents and those that don't. Lallana, Lovren and Matip overpaid with a few others underpaid given their relative worth to the squad. Lallana in particular is a shocker. 

Milner was signed from Man City having been signed for them when the Abu Dhabi money started rolling in, so it's not really a surprise he's on a big wage. Robertson and Wijnaldum signed from bottom tier clubs so wouldn't have been on huge wages when joining. I imagine they will be getting big rises when the next negotiations are up. 

Edited by Michael W

1 hour ago, Michael W said:

These lists are always a good indication of which players have good agents and those that don't. Lallana, Lovren and Matip overpaid with a few others underpaid given their relative worth to the squad. Lallana in particular is a shocker. 

Milner was signed from Man City having been signed for them when the Abu Dhabi money started rolling in, so it's not really a surprise he's on a big wage. Robertson and Wijnaldum signed from bottom tier clubs so wouldn't have been on huge wages when joining. I imagine they will be getting big rises when the next negotiations are up. 

Milner has just signed a new deal so he could be on an even bigger wage. Alternatively, his agent may have secured him a signing-on bonus.

By contrast, Lallana is out of contract in June and he's expected to leave. With his recent injury record, he'll be lucky to get half his current deal. Similarly Clyne will be on his way too. They get cost £9.5 million a year! That would fund another world class player.

Shaquiri is not worth over £4 million a year. He's surplus to requirements but that ridiculous wage will put off possible buyers.

The agents Alisson, Wijnaldum, Robertson, Gomex and Alexander-Arnold should be seeking big pay rises for their under-paid clients. 

Edited by Bishop Briggs

Milner has just signed a new deal so he could be on an even bigger wage. Alternatively, his agent may have secured him a signing-on bonus.
By contrast, Lallana is out of contract in June and he's expected to leave. With his recent injury record, he'll be lucky to get half his current deal. Similarly Clyne will be on his way too. They get cost £9.5 million a year! That would fund another world class player.
Shaquiri is not worth over £4 million a year. He's surplus to requirements but that ridiculous wage will put off possible buyers.
The agents Alisson, Wijnaldum, Robertson, Gomex and Alexander-Arnold should be seeking big pay rises for their under-paid clients. 
Milner doesn't have an agent, he negotiates all his contracts himself.

6 minutes ago, kilMARKnock said:
18 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

I didn't know that.

Milner must be a very able negotiator to get top deals.

And he doesn't have to pay out daft fees to parasitic agents. 

Smart guy! 

10 minutes ago, kilMARKnock said:
22 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Got a link that says this? Can't seem to find anything other than an article about his agent from about 3 years ago.

3 hours ago, Zetterlund said:

Liverpool publish player earnings.

Pay Andy Robertson footballers wages IMO.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/every-liverpool-players-2019-20-21190109.amp

Liverpool haven't published anything, they have been published by a website called "Spotrac", who appear to provide exactly zero information on their website about their sources for English football salaries. They do similar for various American sports and seem to include rumour websites and blogs amongst their sources. I'm not convinced how reliable this will be.

Danny Drinkwater has moved to Aston Villa 0n loan -https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51018493He is reportedly on £110k a week at Chelsea! 

Chelsea are losing £96 million a year despite Abramovich putting in £247 million last year - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51017102.

Crazy money!

Liverpool haven't published anything, they have been published by a website called "Spotrac", who appear to provide exactly zero information on their website about their sources for English football salaries. They do similar for various American sports and seem to include rumour websites and blogs amongst their sources. I'm not convinced how reliable this will be.
You might be right but I wouldn't be too surprised by any of the results though. Players wages depend on when the contract was signed, and how much of a dick they were willing to be at that time. Good guys will happily earn a bit less to be at the club they want, and timing is everything.

Lallana was a top English prospect when he joined and so although he's not first team he'll be on a good whack.

Henderson similar, and is the club captain, which automatically comes with a big wage bonus.

Robertson will be due a massive upgrade but it will only happen at the appropriate time. I don't know when negotiations begin but I'd guess it's before there's a year left on a contract. It's the downside of signing a longer contract - but there are plenty of upsides. I'd guess mane was signed on a slightly longer contract too.

And let's remember, we're still talking about more in a week than most folk on here will make in a year.

Andrew Robertson did get a massive upgrade a year ago, when it was rumoured that he doubled his wages to "over £60,000" per week, that was just 18-months into his time at Liverpool, and he's now under contract until 2024. 

Edited by s_dog

10 hours ago, Dele said:

Is there any Newcastle fans here that could answer a ticket question. Namely : how difficult would it be to get tickets for Tottenham game in May and when are SKY fixtures announced? 

Off the top of my head I think it should be quite straightforward to get tickets. I've been to a few of their games (albeit not for a couple of seasons) and can't recall it being any bother.

They were doing a promotion on half season tickets in the run up to Christmas and were practically giving them away to try and fill the ground. I think a lot of fans tend to stay away as a sort of protest against Mike Ashley.

Is there any Newcastle fans here that could answer a ticket question. Namely : how difficult would it be to get tickets for Tottenham game in May and when are SKY fixtures announced? 

TV games for May on Sky and BT will be announced on 3rd April.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/premier-league-tv-sky-announcement-16901647.amp

Sums it for Everton fans that they intended to meet the players and question their commitment but they were on a day off [emoji23]

Also a few messaging Delph on Instagram offering square goes.