English Premier League 2019-20

Anyone given Amazon Prime a view this week? Apparently they are showing Premier League games on Tues-Wed-Thurs this week. I wonder who the commentators and analysists are?

It can't be any worse than BT Sport or have as many ads as Sky Sports- or can it?

Let's see:)

I’ll watch on Prime.

I have Prime anyway (mostly for my missus getting the free delivery on all her shite that she buys) so will give it a go tonight. Will probably just watch Match of the Day on Wednesday (although I see they are doing a Goals show like BT on a Champions League night) then watch the Thursday games. I think they have staggered the kick offs to allow people to watch the first half of one game then switch to the late kick off, or stay with the early game and watch the second half of the 8.15 game but it's a bit rubbish having yet more times tbh. I think commentator and pundit wise they've just went with the tried and tested (Shearer, Savage, etc) seeing as most of them are freelance anyway.

1 hour ago, Anodyne said:

Anyone given Amazon Prime a view this week? Apparently they are showing Premier League games on Tues-Wed-Thurs this week. I wonder who the commentators and analysists are?

It can't be any worse than BT Sport or have as many ads as Sky Sports- or can it?

Let's see:)

It's a mix of BBC, ITV and BT commentators they've got.

The dream team of Jon Champion and Ally McCoist are on the Merseyside Derby tomorrow night.

No such issues here, although I was bouncing around to see who the studio pundits were in the Burnley v Man City game (Gabby Logan hosting; Roberto Martinez, Alan Shearer and Nigel someone - didn't catch his name and I don't recognise him?). Guy Mowbray (fine) and Jermaine Jenus (eugh) doing the commentary in the Palace v Bournemouth game with Elidh Barbour the studio host. Didn't see who she has as pundits. Interesting that they have 2 separate line ups though rather than having one studio (like say BT for a Champions League night) and talking about both games.

1 minute ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

No such issues here, although I was bouncing around to see who the studio pundits were in the Burnley v Man City game (Gabby Logan hosting; Roberto Martinez, Alan Shearer and Nigel someone - didn't catch his name and I don't recognise him?). Guy Mowbray (fine) and Jermaine Jenus (eugh) doing the commentary in the Palace v Bournemouth game with Elidh Barbour the studio host. Didn't see who she has as pundits. Interesting that they have 2 separate line ups though rather than having one studio (like say BT for a Champions League night) and talking about both games.

It was Lee Dixon, Eni Aluko and Michael Owen with Eilidh. I guess with Amazon being able to piss money up against the Premier League wall they're going all out between these midweek games and the Boxing Day games they've got.

Just got rid of Sky Go on Saturday, then realised Amazon was showing games. Perfect timing as it saves me money (I pay for Sky, she pays for Amazon). Quality on PS4 is high, no streaming issues at all.

Shite first half at Selhurst. Amazon must be pissed off that many peoples first experience of them for live sport is such a duff encounter. Not helped by the Sunday games meaning there were slim pickings tonight of course. The red card challenge looks bad in real time but it's a bit of a strange one as Sahko is just clearing it (while sliding) and his follow through catches Smith at about knee height. It's one if those where it is probably a red but there isn't much he can do.