English Premier League 2019-20

Guest Moomintroll
7 hours ago, throbber said:

I don’t agree with what you said about the Liverpool connection, SAF doesn’t really have any beef with a Liverpool and would want the best person for the job regardless of who they managed before. The fact Mourinho got the job is surely evidence of that.

Missed this earlier throbber, SAF has serious issues with Liverpool FC from A Manchester United pov although a lot of it was posturing to take down his main rival. He grew to respect & like Mourinho when he was at Chelsea in a way that he didn't have a chance to with Rodgers & in all honesty wouldn't have wanted to. I live and work on Merseyside , do not underestimate the hatred between Man Utd & Liverpool, someone with such close connections would not be accepted by SAF or Bobby Charlton, in the same way that Ryan Giggs or any other prominent ex Man Utd player would not be acceptable to Liverpool fans.

10 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

I respect Sterling for his anti-racism advocacy and his playing skills but he can be such a whiny dick on the field sometimes.  

I genuinely have no idea why folk are moaning at him for snapping. The same folk will claim he doesn't care. 

Edit : probably the same folk that always said he was shite. I'm looking forward to the P&B backtrack on that one tbh. 

Edited by Dele

1 minute ago, Albertlegend said:

I get why they are not happy with recent results but he has had the players playing above themselves for 3 seasons. I'm not sure who they can get in that is going to be better than Poch. 

Mourinho or Gary Caldwell

Edited by Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier

Just now, Albertlegend said:

I get why they are not happy with recent results but he has had the players playing above themselves for 3 seasons. I'm not sure who they can get in that is going to be better than Poch. 

Agreed. Not sure who they could get to replace him at the moment.

Exactly this. He has proved himself a good young manager. First bad run and he is emptied. I get that Spurs need results to fill that big shiny new stadium etc etc but he is the guy who has come close to putting them on the next level ie breaking into the traditional closed shop at the top of the EPL. If you cant stick by a manager like him, then you might aswell just accept your place on the merrygoround.

1 minute ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

Mourinho 

Possibly. Personally think he is finished at top level for me now. Far too surly and unfriendly now for my liking. Think spurs dressing room is fractured enough just now without him adding to it.