English Premier League 2019-20

I'm sure I read Buendia is off to Leeds. 
Did think of Buendia as a possible replacement for Grealish if he leaves.
I don't know much about him but I've seen him linked with better teams than these two. Pretty sure Spurs were spoken about earlier in the season.

Has there been any talk RE where Grealish might end up and how much he'll go for?

I don't know much about him but I've seen him linked with better teams than these two. Pretty sure Spurs were spoken about earlier in the season.

Has there been any talk RE where Grealish might end up and how much he'll go for?
Mainly seems to be Manure linked with him. Think we are after about 80m

Surely David Brooks, if he proves his fitness, will be one of the first out of the door at Bournemouth? I'm not as big a fan of Ake as some pundits and managers seem to be (Man City and Chelsea apparently looking at him which I don't get tbh), but he'll be away too. King is a maybe, he was apparently being looked at by Man Utd last season but he's had a poor year and I think the big team ship has sailed for now for him. Ramsdale and Lerma might move to the Premier League but to who - unless Henderson stays at Man Utd and Sheffield United need a keeper, I can't see many goalkeeping spots out there and Lerma blows hot and cold.

At Watford, Saar will go surely, Deleofuelo (sp?) will probably pitch up at a mid table top flight team either in England or Spain and it wouldn't be a shock to see Craig Dawson go to a lower-to-mid table Premier League team either.

Norwich is a weird one - at the half way stage of the season you could see Krul (as back-up), Aarons, Buendia, Cantwell, Pukki etc. all getting a club in the Premier League once they went down but their performances after restart have been so poor that I can't see clubs wanting to spend big on any of them apart from maybe Buendia and Norwich will probably not need the money, so they could well keep the bulk of the squad together. Whether that is a good thing or not is another thing entirely of course.

8 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

Ismalia Sarr is probably Watford's only player of any value

Surely Gerard Deulofeu could make them some money. Would probably have seen them safe if he hadn't been injured for the majority of the second half of the season.

12 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Surely David Brooks, if he proves his fitness, will be one of the first out of the door at Bournemouth? I'm not as big a fan of Ake as some pundits and managers seem to be (Man City and Chelsea apparently looking at him which I don't get tbh), 

I'm sure Ake counts as homegrown and he's played a few times for the Netherlands. I think he's an average centre half and a below average left back myself but the homegrown thing is important (e.g. City fancying Harry Maguire last summer).

4 minutes ago, David W said:

And just like that, City have a £40 million bid accepted by Bournemouth.

Compare that to a certain huge headed defender who went for twice the price.  That must be a minimum release clause, because that’s well undervalued relative to lesser players.

16 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

I think he will stay as noone will pay what we ask. Has three years on his contract. 

Back to the question I reckon Cantwell might find himself back in the Premier somewhere.

Agree about Grealish staying. I think the Man Utd links are all just paper-talk at the moment combined with Pogba now looking likely to stay I just don’t see it happening. Not sure Man Utd would be the move for him either. 

Cantwell will probably end up at a Brighton, a Burnley or one of the promoted sides from the Championship.

15 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Surely David Brooks, if he proves his fitness, will be one of the first out of the door at Bournemouth? I'm not as big a fan of Ake as some pundits and managers seem to be (Man City and Chelsea apparently looking at him which I don't get tbh), but he'll be away too.

Man City bid accepted for Ake. He’s a left sided centre-half and I don’t see him displacing Laporte but Guardiola loves to rotate but I’m sure his new wage will compensate for probably playing less games.

As you said, if Brooks appears to be over his injuries, would imagine he’ll be next to go. Bournemouth’s best player IMO.

Edited by 8MileBU

It will be interesting to see where Cantwell ends up. I think the tabloids have linked him with most of the "Big Six" but I don't think he's good enough to be a regular at any of those teams - I also, from what I've seen of him, don't think he's the sort of player that would be most effective against packed defences. Saying that, he did have a decent season so I'd expect a middling team to take a chance on him. 

I can never really decide on Brooks - sometimes I've watched him and been really impressed, but other times I've watched him and he has flattered to deceive. 

Edited by DrewDon

7 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Compare that to a certain huge headed defender who went for twice the price.  That must be a minimum release clause, because that’s well undervalued relative to lesser players.

He's a Championship player by status, Bournemouth need to raise money badly and the broader market is tanking in the wake of Covid. £40m is a more than generous deal for Bournemouth in that context.