English Premier League 2019-20

Guest bernardblack
Tom Davis looking like a pervert shinguard sniffer just so he can hide what he's saying to the Bournemouth goalie. 

IMG_4018.jpg

19 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Presumably, Fraser told Howe that he was leaving before those two games. Fraser's form (goals, assists etc) had been poor anyway. 

Why would Howe pick such a player who does not want fight relegation all the way to the end of the season? You need team spirit and real fight.

Absolutely.  Certain posters give him a free pass because he’s Scottish, but it looks really poor on his part, and I can’t imagine he’ll get a good reception at Bournemouth for the rest of his career.

6 minutes ago, J_Stewart said:

If you ever wanted to know how much of a busted flush Mourinho is, Wildly celebrating scraping 6th place in the Barclays pretty much tells you everything you need to know.

Minter.

It is OTT but, to put it in context, Spurs were 14th and in decline when Mourinho took over in November. 

5 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSS

On 16/07/2020 at 19:53, Bully Wee Villa said:

Down we go.

On 16/07/2020 at 19:54, Mark Connolly said:

Can't you still stay up by winning the last two games?

On 16/07/2020 at 19:56, Bully Wee Villa said:

Well, yes we could. Think today was the last chance, being realistic though. We haven't beaten Arsenal at home since they played in Woolwich and a draw would send us down.

:whistle

25 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Presumably, Fraser told Howe that he was leaving before those two games. Fraser's form (goals, assists etc) had been poor anyway. 

Why would Howe pick such a player who does not want fight relegation all the way to the end of the season? You need team spirit and real fight.

5 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Absolutely.  Certain posters give him a free pass because he’s Scottish, but it looks really poor on his part, and I can’t imagine he’ll get a good reception at Bournemouth for the rest of his career.

I'm not sure there's really any basis to criticise him for this in particular. There MAY be but neither party has ever confirmed whether he actually refused to honour his contract (a la Lyle Taylor) or Howe simply chose not to pick him. Howe's comments implied that he (Howe) had taken the decision but they weren't absolutely clear.

Fraser refused to sign a short term extension to his contract. I think that's a wee bit off but I get that he had one opportunity to clinch a life changing move and chose not to endanger it. He was far from the only player in England to do that and, on the opposite side of the coin, some clubs such as Burnley refused to extend for players who were willing to do so. Such is the complication from taking a choice to finish a season beyond the end of many contracts. And this is a League where generally contracts are longer and those that were ending run to 30th June as standard, unlike in Scotland where we tend to be May 31 or June 9.

I have to say, from Eddie Howe's point of view I think I'd have done the same. If Fraser doesn't want to sign a one month extension and commit to the club even for that month, can you really trust him to put a foot in where it might hurt, charge down the free kick, put in the extra sprint in the 90th minute they might need?