English Premier League 2019-20

We can't just have one fucking good day, is that too much to ask?
You can't be worried about Bournemouth. Ultimately you'll go down if you don't catch West ham or Watford. Bournemouth shouldn't come into villa's equation yet...

7 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

See below.

Totally.

He can be blamed for Soyuncu's idiocy.  Perreira and Chilwell have been missed too.

Brendan is a big improvement on Puel who served up a load of dull and boring crap.

He has presided over them going from comfortable for the Champions League and "challenging" Man City for second place, to thirteen points behind and on the verge of being booted out the CL places. 

1 minute ago, pandarilla said:
23 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:
We can't just have one fucking good day, is that too much to ask?

You can't be worried about Bournemouth. Ultimately you'll go down if you don't catch West ham or Watford. Bournemouth shouldn't come into villa's equation yet...

I was resigned before today, now I have been given a tiny bit of hope. Downside is I have to start stressing over things like the bloody Bournemouth game...

1 minute ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

I was resigned before today, now I have been given a tiny bit of hope. Downside is I have to start stressing over things like the bloody Bournemouth game...

I'd have been stressing all season on how Villa could blow over £150 million on a load of crap players.

I think if you beat Everton and then obviously west ham - them you've got more than a 50/50 chance of survival.

That's reasonable. You've also got a free hit against arsenal.

It's not done yet, but then it's the hope that kills you.

8 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

I never said I wasn't stressing over those twats, did I?

Fair enough. You have my sincere sympathy. The last year must have been tortuous for you.

I've been going through similar emotions with my beloved Jags over the last 3 years.

I'm hoping that Brentford will be get promoted to the EPL this season.

13 hours ago, Michael W said:

He has presided over them going from comfortable for the Champions League and "challenging" Man City for second place, to thirteen points behind and on the verge of being booted out the CL places. 

But to be fair he also presided over getting them there to start with. If their form had been the other way around - starting poorly and then finishing strongly - I don't think anyone would be questioning him. The reason it's hard for clubs like Leicester to maintain a high level of performance is because they don't have the squad depth of the other big clubs. In all likelihood they are going to finish 5th, at the start of the season that would have been seen as a successful season.

Having said that, the quality of the top 6 (outside of Liverpool) is as poor as I can remember. In most other seasons teams like Wolves and Sheffield Utd would be mid-table, but a vacuum created by Spurs, Arsenal and Everton being rubbish has been filled by some pretty average teams. You would think that if Leicester can't get 4th this season then they may have missed the boat.

57 minutes ago, AJF said:

Horrible news about Serge Aurier’s brother.

Truly tragic. God knows how you deal with something like that. I would guess that Serge will need to take time out to grieve and support his family.

Foyth has a long-term injury so Tanganga or Sanchez will probably fill in at RB.

4 hours ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

But to be fair he also presided over getting them there to start with. If their form had been the other way around - starting poorly and then finishing strongly - I don't think anyone would be questioning him. The reason it's hard for clubs like Leicester to maintain a high level of performance is because they don't have the squad depth of the other big clubs. In all likelihood they are going to finish 5th, at the start of the season that would have been seen as a successful season.

On top of which, the big clubs do not have the distraction of European football at the moment.  Chelsea and Man Utd for instance dropped big points after European matches.  All that wear and tear has been erased in the covid break and every team is facing the same schedule.

Good touch and finish from Armstrong.
Must be something Southampton work on. They produced an even better goal by picking Man Citys pocket last week and it all looked well planned and executed. They do look to have a fairly intelligent press, rather than a headless chicken approach.

Do any of these teams actually want to qualify for the Champions League, every time time one of them get into a good position they seem to bottle it immediately.
Steady now, for the neutral this is best thing that could happen for this game