English Premier League 2019-20

Pope surely has to start ahead of Pickford for England now. Quite clearly the best English goalkeeper at the moment. 
Think Southgate likes him as he is a better keeper with his feet. He can launch quick counter attacks and is comfortable (probably overly so) playing as an extra centre half. Pope might well be as good a footballer but he doesn't get the chance to show it at Burnley.

2 hours ago, peasy23 said:

I thought Chelse were shoe ins for 3rd place, but they could be down to 5th on Monday if they can't turn this around.

Defensively, they are all over the place and Lampard can't sort it out. Christensen has become a bombscare recently and Zouma has regressed. 

Another problem is that Azpilcueta, very right-footed, is moved to LB so that the hapless James can play at RB. Palmieri was good when he arrived from Roma but, like Alonso, he has been frozen out much of the season.

Lampard has been obsessed with picking inconsistent and over-rated Englishmen such as James, Tomori, Barkley, Mount, Hudson-Odoi and Abraham. Werner and Havertz  would be massive upgrades on Abraham and Hudson-Odoi.

2 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
5 hours ago, DrewDon said:
Pope surely has to start ahead of Pickford for England now. Quite clearly the best English goalkeeper at the moment. 

Think Southgate likes him as he is a better keeper with his feet. He can launch quick counter attacks and is comfortable (probably overly so) playing as an extra centre half. Pope might well be as good a footballer but he doesn't get the chance to show it at Burnley.

I’d want my goalkeeper to be good at goalkeeping first and foremost, and for that very reason Pope should be well ahead of Pickford.

1 hour ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Defensively, they are all over the place and Lampard can't sort it out. Christensen has become a bombscare recently and Zouma has regressed. 

Another problem is that Azpilcueta, very right-footed, is moved to LB so that the hapless James can play at RB. Palmieri was good when he arrived from Roma but, like Alonso, he has been frozen out much of the season.

Lampard has been obsessed with picking inconsistent and over-rated Englishmen such as James, Tomori, Barkley, Mount, Hudson-Odoi and Abraham. Werner and Havertz  would be massive upgrades on Abraham and Hudson-Odoi.

Emerson hasn’t played well at all this season and Azpilicueta has previously shown himself to be a quality left back regardless of him being right footed - he replaced Ashley Cole and kept Filipe Luis out under Mourinho - although he’s starting to age a bit now.

Alonso is a really weird one in that he’s near world class at wing back but seems to crumble when pushed back to full back. Left-back looks like a real problem area for them.

They also seem to have four incredibly inconsistent centre-halves who will each put in a stormer of a game every so often and show glimpses of being really good before having a few stinkers in a row where they have constant brain farts - which just results in them constantly getting chopped and changed. I think more of the blame for that has to go on the coaching though rather than it just being a case of them going out and spending a hundred million on a couple of centre-halves. On paper the likes of Zouma and Rudiger should be much more consistent than they’re proving to be.

I’d want my goalkeeper to be good at goalkeeping first and foremost, and for that very reason Pope should be well ahead of Pickford.
I don't disagree, and Pickford wouldn't even be in my three England keepers at the moment if I was picking their squad (I'd go Pope, Henderson and McCarthy probably) but it seems that Southgate likes him for that very reason. I suppose he's done quite well for them in big games too, but if I was an English centre back I'd be worried about having him behind me.

3 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

That's another delightful finish by Sterling. He's finding corners with ease nowadays. 

Its incredible how much he, and Mahrez, have improved under Guardiola.

I mean, they weren't exactly poor before, but they now look like elite wingers. Some of Mahrez's passes are Messi-esque.

18 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
1 hour ago, 8MileBU said:

I don't disagree, and Pickford wouldn't even be in my three England keepers at the moment if I was picking their squad (I'd go Pope, Henderson and McCarthy probably) but it seems that Southgate likes him for that very reason. I suppose he's done quite well for them in big games too, but if I was an English centre back I'd be worried about having him behind me.

I’ve been quite impressed by Ramsdale in a few games this season. Bournemouth having a terrible season has probably been a blessing in disguise for him. 

Norwich, the Pukki banter was good for about 10 days in September last year, but it’s time for us to say thanks and for you to take your rightful place in the Endsleigh First Division where you belong.

Agree with that. Also as a keeper I’d be worried about playing behind the England central defenders.

Guest DAVIDB69

If wolves hold on which looks likely you have to say the top 7 look done in whatever order.

8th probably needing a city ban to get in europe , next season you could have wolves , sheffield United , Leicester and Burnley all in Europe