English Premier League 2019-20

12 minutes ago, Binos said:

Rashford does a superman dive

Ref waves away

But doesn't book him for diving?

Only just sat down so didnt see it, but every time a player "falls" with his arms up he should be booked. When you fall or trip naturally your arms go out downwards to break your fall, so anyone throwing their arms in the air is obviously diving. Simple.

Some strike for a left footer there Greenwood, ooft.

Edited by DG.Roma

31 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

I'm listening to 5live and both John Murray and Robbie Savage aren't convinced it should have been penalty either.

Robbie Savage’s attempts at describing it were woeful.  He has no business being an analyst.  BLM should have a word.

34 minutes ago, Iminavest said:

If Pogba can settle into a deeper role beside a holding player, with actual footballers in from of him, he'll boss games no problem. 

He’s played that way before for Conte at Juventus and was brilliant. Then when  Conte left Allegri came in, tweaked the formation and made Pogba a number 10.
Either way, play Pogba centrally and give him licence to be creative, get forward and he’ll excel. 

Edited by 8MileBU

2 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Not having the "Not clear and obvious" argument, if you can't see that on the replay, you shouldn't be the VAR.

He'll no doubt be reffing a game at the weekend, the same as the VAR who missed the Sheffield United goal at Villa Park. For someone to watch a replay and say that was a penalty, and not a dive/foul by Fernandes/potential red card (I think yellow but I've seen people argue otherwise) is disgraceful.

I don't even think it was difficult for Moss in the first place.

I can only assume Bednarek wasn't sent off as the VAR thought it wasn't a foul in the first place, albeit they can't over-turn the decision in that case.

19 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

The Premier League have admitted that VAR managed to get penalty decisions wrong in each of the three matches yesterday. Quite the achievement. 

Which proves it's not the technology that's the problem, it's the useless c***s that are operating it.

47 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Which proves it's not the technology that's the problem, it's the useless c***s that are operating it.

Exactly this. Bobby Madden was on a podcast the other day saying he'd be for VAR in Scotland if the option ever arose but only if it is used correctly, I.e clear and obvious errors and not pish like 5 minute delays to decide if someone is a bawhair offside about 20 passes ago.

Edited by C. Muir