English Premier League 2019-20

9 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Williams is a natural right-back who can also play left-back. He's been at the club since he was a kid and come through the academy. Another one for the future.

He plays exactly like Robertson.  He’ll go a long way in the game, I reckon.  

Not sure Williams is quite ready to take Robertson's starting spot but Liverpool have needed depth at full back for a while so he could be that solution.  Better than having Milner as second choice LB and Gomez as second choice RB

10 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

Not sure Williams is quite ready to take Robertson's starting spot but Liverpool have needed depth at full back for a while so he could be that solution.  Better than having Milner as second choice LB and Gomez as second choice RB

You have not mentioned Nathaniel Clyne who has been injured all season. He would have been second choice RB but is out of contract soon and will probably move on. I could see Alexander-Arnold in midfield with Williams at RB. Oxlade-Chamberlain prefers to play as a winger. 

Edited by Bishop Briggs

9 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

You have not mentioned Nathaniel Clyne who has been injured all season. He would have been second choice RB but is out of contract soon and will probably move on. I could see Alexander-Arnold in midfield with Williams at RB. Oxlade-Chamberlain prefers to play as a winger. 

Oh yes, Clyne has been injured so often I had forgotten about him

13 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Not probably, he will. Liverpool said recently he won’t get a new contract and will be leaving.

10 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Not probably, he will. Liverpool said recently he won’t get a new contract and will be leaving.

I'd missed that. If Clyne gets fully fit again, he could get offers from EPL clubs. That's a big if. however, Ings has proved that it can happen. Going back to Saints would be a good move to him.

28 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

The money there is mental. Liverpool for example spent c.£60m on LaLanna, Marković and Clyne and just free them all 😂.

Mental.

It’s absolutely nothing new though and been going on down there for years. If you break down that figure to those 3 players you mentioned that’s £20m for each, which is a pocket-change signing for an English club these days.