English Premier League 2019-20

This may have been mentioned already, and apologies if it has, but I thought that football was able to return to England under strict regulations. I was under the impression that there was to be no hugging/handshakes/etc during games,  no or minimal spitting, and no handshakes/hugging after games. Absolutely none of this is happening, so have I got it wrong, or is English football simply taking the piss?

12 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

This may have been mentioned already, and apologies if it has, but I thought that football was able to return to England under strict regulations. I was under the impression that there was to be no hugging/handshakes/etc during games,  no or minimal spitting, and no handshakes/hugging after games. Absolutely none of this is happening, so have I got it wrong, or is English football simply taking the piss?

I think they are being frequently tested aren’t they? Maybe the eased off on the celebrations rules because it is a bit daft if you are reasonably sure that they don’t have it and when they are in contact during the match anyway. It wasn’t really a sensible rule.

Seen Arsenal in the last couple of matches and they have been good games to watch.  Tierney seems to be playing well which is good to see.

Edited by Jambomo

14 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

I think they are being frequently tested aren’t they? Maybe the eased off on the celebrations rules because it is a bit daft if you are reasonably sure that they don’t have it and when they are in contact during the match anyway. It wasn’t really a sensible rule.

I presume that if one member of a team tests positive, then the whole squad from that match would have to self isolate, putting that team out of matches for at least seven days, potentially longer. 

Just now, kingjoey said:

I presume that if one member of a team tests positive, then the whole squad from that match would have to self isolate, putting that team out of matches for at least seven days, potentially longer. 

I think they might do that anyway, wasn’t there a game that couldn’t go ahead in one of the lower league games because one of the team tested positive?

7 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

This has not been the case when players have tested negative in previous weeks - the player who tests positive has to isolate but the other players don't as long as they themselves continue to test negative.

7 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

This has not been the case when players have tested negative in previous weeks - the player who tests positive has to isolate but the other players don't as long as they themselves continue to test negative.

Thanks for that. Cheers.

3 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

Referee looked once. No fannying about.

He was already very confident of the yellow, the reckless nature of the challenge was obvious, as soon as he can see the straight leg and how late any attempt to pull out was and how high the contact was changing it to red is easy.  

IMO that’s only ever a decision that (Use of) VAR can give,  I think nearly every single ref would have given a yellow from their position behind the players.  A good use of the system.