English Premier League 2019-20

30 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Watford down please. A horrible effort today against Chelsea and Pearson is a racist, Brexit loving fud.

He used to be a fanny but he seems alright now. He’s also very much not a Brexit loving fud:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/11/10/nigel-pearson-brexit-leaving-ostrich-gate-behind-new-life-managing/

“I don’t agree with it and I think it’s a travesty, personally. I won't tell you how I vote at home but I was definitely a 'remain'.”

3 minutes ago, Lex said:

What a player Greenwood looks. England really do have an embarrassment of riches when it comes to young attacking talent.

Can't believe they spent half the season with James in the team. 

That said, I don't rate the Bournemouth goalie at all. 

This is classic Man Utd. They'll huff and puff for the rest of the game without ever looking like scoring. 
Post of the day...

Pogba absolutely does not look like he can’t be arsed whenever he is on the pitch. 
It’s an absolutely ridiculous opinion to have, and it’s only natural to question the motivations behind it, and subconscious stereotypes is a very plausible explanation. 
There was not much subconscious looking about Peps initial rantings on the subject tbh. I am generally careful about out and out labelling of folk as racist, but given that Pep is an absolute fanny over a multitude of topics, I have my strong suspicions.

I understand why Pandarilla said what he did, perhaps he is not aware of the long running speculation about certain peoples treatment of Pogba and was just doing a bit of devil's advocate.
In terms of this discussion, I'd say there are plenty of 'ridiculous opinions' spouted by football fans - and it's a very dangerous game to start suggesting racist intentions in this context.

I'm well aware of the 'everyday racism' surrounding the wording used to describe black athletes as opposed to white. It's definitely got some credibility but it fits into that very difficult category of racism which is highly complex.

Questioning people's motives is not a good way to educate people about this, as it rightly gets folk on the defensive.

From what I've seen pogba goes through spells in his career when he seems to be reckless and I'll-disciplined.

I think a bigger background issue for folk is the value of transfer fee he's went for. Players who are on huge wages or command huge fees are often scrutinised more. He's also a player who does a lot for a team that's unspectacular, and does it very, very well. He quite often finds the pass that sets up the assist, if you know what i mean. And a lot of football fans miss that can't of thing, and focus more on the clearer highlights reel stuff.

Either way, the blend solskjaer has found at the moment is fucking glorious to watch, and as someone who liked United in the 90s (due to the ferguson Scottish connection) - it's long overdue.

12 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Pulisic has been excellent for Chelsea since the restart, he was just starting to put in some really good performances when the season stopped, but he has hit the ground running again.

Just came on to say same thing really. He was playing well until he got injured before the lockdown, seems to have returned in similar form.

55 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

I’m not going to reply to you again on this subject because you are degrading yourself better than I could ever do. Let’s try and better yourself though my man. 

Could you make that ‘every subject’? 

Cheers. 

Dan James is nowhere near good enough. A few mazy runs in the championship last season against some jobber Barnsley and Hull City defenders won’t change that.

10 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

As Ali has already correctly pointed out though, the accusation that sparked all of this was that he is lazy. I have never seen that from him.

Always assumed people call him lazy because he never see him sprint, but that seems to be entirely down to the fact he never has to.

His close control and ability to beat men means he doesnt seem to break into space as hes more than comfortable driving straight at the defence and trying to go through them. His early days at Juventus he would just pile full speed into that situation and lose the ball, he seems to have learned to slow everything down and it allows him a chance to sort of plot a route.

Hes an incredible player, and if you dumped him into Barcas current side he would transform them.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Always assumed people call him lazy because he never see him sprint, but that seems to be entirely down to the fact he never has to.

His close control and ability to beat men means he doesnt seem to break into space as hes more than comfortable driving straight at the defence and trying to go through them. His early days at Juventus he would just pile full speed into that situation and lose the ball, he seems to have learned to slow everything down and it allows him a chance to sort of plot a route.

Hes an incredible player, and if you dumped him into Barcas current side he would transform them.

And when he does run about 4 strides covers half the length of the pitch.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

No its cause he's lazy, and morons who don't know who what they're talking about come out with pish like this. Ita typical you'd only look at his time on the ball, which constitutes less than 5% of a player's time on the park, have a look at him off the ball, particularly when his team loses the ball and he has to track back. He is lazy.  Some of the top midfielders in world football have repeated this criticism, are they just racist too?  O(r do you know more about football than Roy Keane or Greame Souness?

Oh look, I googled 'Pogba lazy' and this is literally the first link. This took me two seconds to find. Fuckin idiots.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/8951623/pogba-revealed-to-have-spent-more-time-walking-than-any-other-premier-league-midfielder-as-man-utd-fans-turn-on-lazy-star/
Yeah, because theres no precedent for the media or football fans as a collective being racist. Fucking clown.