English Premier League 2019-20

On 02/07/2020 at 23:43, ali_91 said:

De Bruyne by a mile then Pogba for me.

Not putting a defender in the best player debate on the basis that nobody cares about defenders. 

Pogba's fuckin mince. About three good games a season, absolutely miles from being a top player. Not even top twenty in that league, total fandancer and utter charlatan.

Pogba's fuckin mince. About three good games a season, absolutely miles from being a top player. Not even top twenty in that league, total fandancer and utter charlatan.
Your pish about Tierney is bad enough but at least it only infects one thread. The lynchpin of the team who won the World Cup in some style is a charlatan.... Aye ok. Trolling fud.

48 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
55 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Your pish about Tierney is bad enough but at least it only infects one thread. The lynchpin of the team who won the World Cup in some style is a charlatan.... Aye ok. Trolling fud.

Lynchpin yer arse floated about like a fandan getting carried by his teammates, as he has his whole career. He's been the lynchpin of f**k all for Man Utd.

10 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Lynchpin yer arse floated about like a fandan getting carried by his teammates, as he has his whole career. He's been the lynchpin of f**k all for Man Utd.

Theres a pretty common theory that a lot of the criticism levelled at Pogba is race related. Yours is very much of the same tone tbh. 

Theres a pretty common theory that a lot of the criticism levelled at Pogba is race related. Yours is very much of the same tone tbh. 
That seems like a bit of a stretch, unless I've missed something.

Not rating pogba because he looks like he can't be arsed is not in any way racist.

That seems like a bit of a stretch, unless I've missed something.

Not rating pogba because he looks like he can't be arsed is not in any way racist.
I said there was a school of thought. That's absolutely true. There is. Peps criticisms of Pogba are along the same lines as a lot of the most vocal Pogba critics. His comments about Pogba in the world cup are particularly ludicrous and whether they are racist or not, they certainly make me wonder what the reason is for making such a wild assessment of someone widely regarded to have had a very good tournament for the team that won it.

And just so I am not accused of sitting on the fence, I apply the Diane Abbott principles. Would the pile on Pogba be the same if he was white? Are his infractions proportionate to the pelters he receives? In my opinion no it would not and no it is not and therefore I have to assume that at least some of it is racially motivated. In Pogbas particular case, I think it's the "who does this uppity black guy think he is" type stuff.

So aye, Pep may or may not be being racist towards Pogba, but theres enough red flags in his post to make it worth discussion in the wider context of criticism of Paul Pogba.

It seems that De Gea is now prone to losing his concentration. He's a shadow of his former self. If United can find a buyer at a decent price, they should sell him to raise funds. Henderson (only 22) deserves a chance and Joel Pereira (now 24) could be  decent competition. 

And now Greenwood scores again! 

6 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

This is classic Man Utd. They'll huff and puff for the rest of the game without ever looking like scoring. 

Not with Bruno Fernandes in the side. He's the complete midfielder - great vision, passing and can score for fun. Great signing.

It seems that De Gea is now prone to losing his concentration. He's a shadow of his former self. If United can find a buyer at a decent price, they should sell him to raise funds. Henderson (only 22) deserves a chance and Joel Pereira (now 24) could be  decent competition. 
And now Greenwood scores again! 

Wait, what?

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
2 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:
Does that penalty get given at the other end?

In the second half you mean?

I mean it looked a bit soft, and I'm not convinced it would have been awarded had Bournemouth been the attacking side.