English Premier League 2019-20

8 hours ago, mizfit said:

I refuse to believe that Jordan Henderson is a Premier League, and a champions League winner.

Dejan Lovren now has an EPL medal, a CL medal, and a World Cup Final appearance...

Edited by RandomGuy.

Fair fucks to Liverpool, deserved winners. They are a very good side, a really exciting team to watch. 

As soon as they finally sorted out the recruitment they were always going to challenge for trophies. For as long as I can remember Liverpool have signed some absolute shite. Proper duds. Along with Klopp who can actually improve players/gets the best from them, which seems a rare trait in managers these days. 

Also, any Liverpool fan who was claiming they weren’t bothered last season because of the CL was talking shite. This will feel kind of similar to when we won the Scottish Cup. (3-2) Monkey off their back.  

Don’t get the hate for Henderson either, he’s proved all his doubters wrong. He’s had a great season. Has a role in the team and he plays it perfectly. 

Congratulations to Liverpool (and Rab, begrudgingly) best team in the league this season and deserved winners. 

I hope Fabinho, Van Dijk, Allison, Salah and Firmino decide they've achieved all they can at Liverpool and demand transfers now. 

Quite glad Liverpool won it as they've been excellent for a couple of years now and probably should have won it last year. Klopp is clearly an excellent coach but also a superb motivator in the way you don't often see with modern day managers.

A bit annoyed it was a Chelsea win that took them over the line though. I was really hoping they wouldn't qualify for the Champions League next season but they look dead certs now and have a decent looking squad. In a normal year I'd expect them to challenge next season but Liverpool and Man City just look too strong.

Apologies, clearly meant 1970 Brazil, my grammatical error doesn’t make your support of an English team because they win things any less embarrassing though unfortunately. 

“Support” is a strong word but I do go and watch Arsenal if I happen to be in London and they’re at home.

That may or may not be “embarrassing” but not for the reasons you suggest.

1 hour ago, eez-eh said:

I don’t think @ali_91 is capable of posting in a thread without derailing it and making it all about him. Sad really.

The best way to get the thread back on track is definitely making a one line post about him where you tag him.

1 hour ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

Seeing plenty “best to ever do it” post on Twitter. Get that to f**k. Winning it after 30 years not enough lads :lol:

Their points return for 2 seasons running is pretty incredible - 97 points last year without even winning the league compared that to the Arsenal invincible team who had 90 points and the Utd treble winning team finished on 79 points. They’ll probably finish on 100 points this season and they are still European champions. 

10 hours ago, GordonS said:

I suppose I'm an EPL fanboy because I'm a football fanboy and it's on the telly every Saturday and Sunday night. I don't support any team but it's obviously good to watch. In some ways I wish it wasn't because I'm a woke PC SJW and I'd like to take the moral high ground and disdain all the money in it, but there's so much to enjoy.

Quit the yoof speak you old hipster.

10 hours ago, CountyFan said:

City were poor (defensively) tonight but their performances vs Arsenal and Burnley in the last week were both sublime and an indication of the level that they reach more often than not. That another team has beaten this particular City side by such a wide margin is incredible. 

With the exception of the odd player (usually enforced by injury/suspension) Liverpool’s starting 11 has been largely predictable in all comps throughout the season, lending itself to form and consistency.  In Man City’s case, you could argue that Pep-roulette has been part of the problem and he needs to stop tinkering with the side as much as too few of their players were ever able to be consistent or hit a run of form, albeit long absences of key players and nailed on starters (KDB and Laporte) probably didn’t help.

9 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Which shows how far that league has fallen considering great central midfielders that have played in league winning teams before.

Just a different type of player but equally effective as ‘the greats’. Henderson might not have the finesse of the likes of Scholes etc, but he’s the engine in a well oiled machine. 

2 hours ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

Fair fucks to Liverpool, deserved winners. They are a very good side, a really exciting team to watch. 

As soon as they finally sorted out the recruitment they were always going to challenge for trophies. For as long as I can remember Liverpool have signed some absolute shite. Proper duds. Along with Klopp who can actually improve players/gets the best from them, which seems a rare trait in managers these days. 

Also, any Liverpool fan who was claiming they weren’t bothered last season because of the CL was talking shite. This will feel kind of similar to when we won the Scottish Cup. (3-2) Monkey off their back.  

Don’t get the hate for Henderson either, he’s proved all his doubters wrong. He’s had a great season. Has a role in the team and he plays it perfectly. 

Exactly this. The posters slagging off Henderson were probably raving about Kante performing a similar-ish role for Chelsea the last time they won the league. Both have played against numerous top midfielders and shown that despite coming up against some of the best players, being a busy b*****d and an absolute fucking pest who doesn’t tire or leave you alone all game is more than a match for most.

3 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Big fan of twitter being full of "congratulations on having the same number of Premier League titles as Blackburn and Leicester"-type posts from United fans who are definitely not seething

"The seethe" chat is the worst ever

9 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Would you have preferred raging?

Who cares what that clown prefers? 

ETA: In trying to figure who he was quoting or slavering about, a search for ‘the seethe’ shows only Mallo using said phrase twice.

Edited by 8MileBU

37 minutes ago, throbber said:

Their points return for 2 seasons running is pretty incredible - 97 points last year without even winning the league compared that to the Arsenal invincible team who had 90 points and the Utd treble winning team finished on 79 points. They’ll probably finish on 100 points this season and they are still European champions. 

They are only still European champions as the campaign hasn't been finished yet - weird to highlight that as a positive this season given how they were dispatched from this year's tournament. 

Given their incredible league season and strength of their team, I'd suggest they have underachieved this year in only winning one trophy.  

Mental that people are still slagging Henderson, the guy is a fantastic player and has been for years.