English Premier League 2019-20

10 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Loving the suggestion that Alex Ferguson would jeopardise his job and his chance of winning his first league title in charge of Man Utd so that he could pick his son frequently. It couldn't possibly be that he was one of the several promising youngsters who were given plenty of chances in the first team (Curtis, Clegg, Wallwork, Chadwick, Greening, Eagles etc)   but who never quite made it, no it must be nepotism.

It's not like he was some awful player anyway - he made a good career for himself in the second and third tiers.

He was pretty shite, and if you don't think a parent would have a biased opinion of their kid you obviously don't understand parenting.

10 hours ago, pandarilla said:

Having two kids that wear a lot of strips I've realised that good quality strips can be bought cheaply from Chinese ebay sites, for most of the big teams in Europe. Its weird, but you get a full real Madrid /barca/city /psg strip for around 15 quid.

Compare that to buying a Scottish top and you're looking at 60 quid. It's a no brainer.

I even managed to get my daughter a spurs away kit because she liked Harry kane.

Anyone who was taken on holiday to the Costa del Sol in the late 80s and early 90s returned to school with a lovely selection of hardwearing football tops from across Europe. I think I "supported" most of La Liga and Serie A at some point

Just now, Jambomo said:

Most of the games since the restart have been pretty dire tbh. Is this due to lack of fans or are they always this dull and I’m just noticing it more?

A lot of the games that have been on are usually hidden away from the cameras at 3pm on a Saturday.

Listening to the game on 5 Live and the commentator was just joking to his pundit that the weather will be like this at the next Women's World Cup, with it just having been awarded to Australia and New Zealand today.

Are there really people who don't know that it's winter there in July?

3 minutes ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

I just cheered a Chelsea goal. I feel dirty.

And so you should.

I really really don't want Chelsea to win tonight, solely because I want Man City v Liverpool to be a cracker with everything at stake. 

Obviously Liverpool will win the league eventually, but the longer there's drama the better. I got bored of the Bundesliga as soon as Bayern beat Dortmund, because it was game over, I know there's relegation and the European places to play for, but basically the less dead rubbers the better.