English Premier League 2019-20

4 hours ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Chelsea have agreed a deal with RB Leipzig for Timo Werner - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52928359. Bit surprised that Liverpool did not follow up their interest.

Chelsea also need replacements for Willian and, possibly, Hudson-Odoi.  Kai Havertz would be a good addition.

They've already agreed to sign Ziyech and have Pulisic on the books so don't need another wide forward. Werner is a really good addition though and you have to wonder what Liverpool have been playing at here by seemingly trying to haggle over the transfer fee and then claiming that he's not worth it after all. 

23 minutes ago, virginton said:

They've already agreed to sign Ziyech and have Pulisic on the books so don't need another wide forward. Werner is a really good addition though and you have to wonder what Liverpool have been playing at here by seemingly trying to haggle over the transfer fee and then claiming that he's not worth it after all. 

Ziyech was signed as a replacement for Pedro. With Willian leaving and Hudson-Odoi on bail for rape, Lampard will need back-up for Pulisic and Ziyech.

I'm not convinced that Barkley and Mount are up to the job. They are better playing in central positions where Chelsea have better options.

I see clubs and players must agree by 23rd June if they want to extend a contract until the end of the season. So theoretically a club with nothing to lose/gain in the table could say 'we'd rather save the money and don't want you back post 30th June'. That free agent player would then be unable to sign for anyone else until the end of the season...
Three Charlton players are refusing to play in the championship so far.

Am I allowed to say I think Werner will struggle in England?

He'll likely get double figures but I wouldnt expect him to trouble the top scorers, nor push Chelsea to a title challenge.

4 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Mkhitaryan to Liverpool? Seems like a weird one tbh but reckon we might see a few strange moves like that as clubs tighten their belts.

This rumour again?  I thought that was like 2 years ago he was linked to Liverpool

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Am I allowed to say I think Werner will struggle in England?

He'll likely get double figures but I wouldnt expect him to trouble the top scorers, nor push Chelsea to a title challenge.

I'm glad someone else thinks that, I think he's an average footballer made to look better than he is by his lightning pace.

He's a Lukaku type player, looks good against the mid-table sides but won't score against proper quality defenders.

25 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

I've been banned for one game (against Man Utd), given a £50,000 fine and am being made to attend an education course on Covid-19 due to the Snapchat video in February. 

One wonders why a young, black, footballer has been punished as such, while Jack Grealish gets pished, and crashes his car while driving it drunk, at a party breaching coronavirus lockdown rules, and gets no punishment at all.

17 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

One wonders why a young, black, footballer has been punished as such, while Jack Grealish gets pished, and crashes his car while driving it drunk, at a party breaching coronavirus lockdown rules, and gets no punishment at all.

Grealish presumably hasn't been punished for the same reasons that Kyle Walker and Morgan Gibbs-White haven't been punished. 

What kind of money do you expect clubs to spend this summer? I keep seeing Sancho is coming back for over £100M. No fucking chance surely?

For what it's worth, I can't seeing Liverpool spending too much, unless they sell. I expect most clubs will be in the same position, depending on what happens with Manchester City's appeal this week.