English Premier League 2019-20

10 hours ago, throbber said:

How can it be operated to a higher standard elsewhere? It’s a system of refereeing that uses technology that is able to pick up everything that takes place on a football pitch and get reviewed within a matter of seconds. With that there is going to be things that would never normally have been picked up by a referee on the pitch being awarded as well as the obvious delays when reviewing big moments. I’m not sure how anyone can improve on these fundamental flaws of the system and wish nobody had ever thought it up as it feels very Orwellian.

Do you think Harry Maguire not getting a red card was a flaw in the system or the operator?

2 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Do you think Harry Maguire not getting a red card was a flaw in the system or the operator?

It was a fault of the operator but I don’t think it’s an example of why VAR is shite. The likes of the Wolves goal that got disallowed v Leicester, an offside which nobody would ever have noticed otherwise is an example of how it ruins games particularly for those in the stadiums. I don’t know what improvements can be made so there is a balance between using the technology to help the refs out without it ruining the momentum of games, it it works elsewhere i would like to know what other countries are doing differently. 

They surely should have picked a league or asked for a volunteer for a fee and trialled VAR for a while before implementing it widely. 

Either a one or three year trial in Switzerland or Denmark or whatever and iron everything out with how its implemented, its an utter shambles and is ruining games.

I hope Scotland never adopts it and it is becoming a selling point for a league that it doesn't have it, fans just want to watch real football.