English Premier League 2019-20

I don’t understand that VAR offside call at all. I thought you couldn’t be offside if the ball goes backwards.
No, you can be if you're ahead of the ball when it was played, I think. Bonkers that his having his heel off the ground in the frame that they chose to pause things caused a goal to be chalked off though. The game has been crying out for a goal (ideally for Leicester to make Wolves come out a bit more) and with the Man City decision there could be a chance for Wolves to make the Champions League now (if they don't win the Europa League of course).

Was this a new rule?

Is he off at the point of the pass back to him, or is he only off when he touches the ball.

I can't understand that rule. I like to think in not a stereotypical yer da but i don't think I've ever seen it, and like i say i still don't understand it.

I genuinely didn't think var could get any worse and then this happens.

Just now, jimmy boo said:

What a total abortion this VAR has become.

Does seem that way. 

strange though how nobody ever questions Hawkeye at the tennis when it says that the ball can be a millimetre either side of the line..

Does seem that way. 

strange though how nobody ever questions Hawkeye at the tennis when it says that the ball can be a millimetre either side of the line..
But it's not the milimetre thing that's the problem tonight.

The two are also not comparable. A tennis ball being out or in is the very definitive of tennis success and failure.

Offside has far more complications.

The better comparison is that noone ever argues goal line technology in football.

Was this a new rule?

Is he off at the point of the pass back to him, or is he only off when he touches the ball.

I can't understand that rule. I like to think in not a stereotypical yer da but i don't think I've ever seen it, and like i say i still don't understand it.

I genuinely didn't think var could get any worse and then this happens.

I mean surely it’s a disadvantage to be offside when the ball’s going backwards?

To be offside, you have to be ahead of the ball when played, so usually the ball is going forward and hence the misconception that the ball must be played forward to be offside.

It's still a nonsense decision though. What advantage in this case? It's a perfect example of why VAR is dreadful; you analyse every goal throughly you'll uncover tiny infringements everywhere.

5 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Did you lot stick with this over-rated shite or turn over to watch a game in a far better division? Brilliant game at Hull.

Aye, dont have Sky and the computer is busy so no source of English Championship.

Supposedly the two "best of the rest" in the English Prem, both are often a good watch, but it's been a massive disappointment, topped off with a VAR robbery.

If Man City's ban holds up, I hope its Sheffield United that grab the extra Champs Lge space rather than either of these two.... based solely on tonight's let down. 

Aye but pandy, the goal line technology is fixed on the actual line of the goal.
I know, that's the point. You said that folk don't complain in tennis, and that's because it's a fixed line easy scientific call.

Var and offside has been horrific. It needs to f**k off but I'm not sure they've got the bottle to admit they were wrong. Ordinary punters are being shafted.
Did you lot stick with this over-rated shite or turn over to watch a game in a far better division? Brilliant game at Hull.
Don't have sky.

Aye, dont have Sky and the computer is busy so no source of English Championship.
Supposedly the two "best of the rest" in the English Prem, both are often a good watch, but it's been a massive disappointment, topped off with a VAR robbery.
If Man City's ban holds up, I hope its Sheffield United that grab the extra Champs Lge space rather than either of these two.... based solely on tonight's let down. 
Tbf Wolves are normally a decent watch and Hull Vs Swansea sounds a borefest. It really was a belter tonight though. Turned over after it finished and the first thing I saw was a VAR decision ffs.

It needs to f**k off but I'm not sure they've got the bottle to admit they were wrong.

I think the IFAB meeting later this year may bring in a 5cm or so margin of error - there was certainly chat that they recently reviewed decisions in order to see what would help (possibility of 2cm, 5cm and 10cm margins) and it would seem they are looking into it. Quite a few goals chalked off would gave stood with the 5cm margins IIRC. Sterling would be the player to benefit most, which makes sense as he's often caught going one way when the defender comes out.