English Premier League 2019-20

Yesterday was the loudest I've heard Anfield, it was a fantastic atmosphere. Bit nervy for the last 20 minutes until Salah's goal & Becker's celebration, then the roof came off the palce. It was like a massive valve had been released.

I thought Wijnaldum was superb yesterday, but really faded after about 75 minutes. He looked dead on his feet, I hope he gets rested for Lallana at Wolves on Thursday. Henderson was really good as well, he never seems to get the credit he deserves.

United are bad. I didn't realise how bad they really were until yesterday. Yeah, they had a few moments, and could have scored, but the manager set them out so negatively. I have never seen a goalkeeper having three defenders behind him when he is kicking the ball from hand, I honestly couldn't believe what I was seeing.

Ten wins to go.

1 hour ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

Yesterday was the loudest I've heard Anfield, it was a fantastic atmosphere. Bit nervy for the last 20 minutes until Salah's goal & Becker's celebration, then the roof came off the palce. It was like a massive valve had been released.

I thought Wijnaldum was superb yesterday, but really faded after about 75 minutes. He looked dead on his feet, I hope he gets rested for Lallana at Wolves on Thursday. Henderson was really good as well, he never seems to get the credit he deserves.

United are bad. I didn't realise how bad they really were until yesterday. Yeah, they had a few moments, and could have scored, but the manager set them out so negatively. I have never seen a goalkeeper having three defenders behind him when he is kicking the ball from hand, I honestly couldn't believe what I was seeing.

Ten wins to go.

OGS has managed to reduce expectations at Old Tradbrick to almost zero. There's actually a fair number of people claiming they played well yesterday; they were comprehensively outclassed. Apparently got the second biggest wage budget in the World and they're competing with Wolves for 5th. Wolves are exactly the level of team that they are now, albeit they're not as well coached.

Look at the signings they made last summer; Wan-Bissaka is a full-back that can't cross the halfway line, James is a Championship player that was only good in August. Maguire completely overpriced and barely an improvement on Smalling.

OGS has managed to reduce expectations at Old Tradbrick to almost zero. There's actually a fair number of people claiming they played well yesterday; they were comprehensively outclassed. Apparently got the second biggest wage budget in the World and they're competing with Wolves for 5th. Wolves are exactly the level of team that they are now, albeit they're not as well coached.
Look at the signings they made last summer; Wan-Bissaka is a full-back that can't cross the halfway line, James is a Championship player that was only good in August. Maguire completely overpriced and barely an improvement on Smalling.

I wonder if this might be more by instruction or choice than ability seeing as Man Utd’s defence are rank-rotten? I think Wan Bissaka is a very good player and he was partial to getting forward at Crystal Palace. Defensively very good too as seen when he absolutely bossed Raheem Sterling in the derby game, but maybe suffers a little from playing in a poor Man Utd side.

Man United have obviously regressed massively since Ferguson retired but it wasn't really that long ago that Liverpool were signing jobbers like Stewart Downing, Charlie Adam and Fabio Borini while finishing 7th and 8th in the league.

Implementing some form of structure behind the scenes (as Woodward is clearly a clown) and getting a decent manager in charge would go a long way to at least seeing Man United challenge for the top 4 again.

My brain still can't process the knowledge that Man Utd paid in the region of eighty million crowns for Harold Maguire. He's not even a young prospect, he's almost 27.

If he'd been called Haris Magorsky from some Ukrainian mob he'd have cost a tenth of that.

My brain still can't process the knowledge that Man Utd paid in the region of eighty million crowns for Harold Maguire. He's not even a young prospect, he's almost 27.
If he'd been called Haris Magorsky from some Ukrainian mob he'd have cost a tenth of that.
Even more hilarious that they refuse to pay less than that for Bruno Fernandes. If he was English they'd offer to pay double that.

He's at the peak of his career and had a very good world cup. That was always going to be the going rate, and I don't think it's too out of kilter with the insane market of European football.

42 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

He's at the peak of his career and had a very good world cup. That was always going to be the going rate, and I don't think it's too out of kilter with the insane market of European football.

Yerry Mina (23) also had a good world cup and Everton picked him up for around than a third of that.

ETA: Rather aptly just came across him towering above Maguire to score :lol: 

Edited by RawB93

Yerry Mina (23) also had a good world cup and Everton picked him up for around than a third of that.
ETA: Rather aptly just came across him towering above Maguire to score [emoji38] 

Quite clearly there are better options around. But the market is insane and he was playing very well in the English premier league, and internationally.

Man United have obviously regressed massively since Ferguson retired but it wasn't really that long ago that Liverpool were signing jobbers like Stewart Downing, Charlie Adam and Fabio Borini while finishing 7th and 8th in the league.
Implementing some form of structure behind the scenes (as Woodward is clearly a clown) and getting a decent manager in charge would go a long way to at least seeing Man United challenge for the top 4 again.

Spot on. Their retainment/recruitment policy has been an absolute shambles since SAF left. Whereas Ferguson would be like “Get HIM tae f**k and get HIM signed pronto”, it’s become pretty apparent that subsequent managers aren’t being given near the same respect or backing. As a club, Man Utd have basically become Arsenal of the North.