English Premier League 2019-20

On 18/01/2020 at 17:26, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I was looking at the other top European leagues (Spain, Italy, Germany) and they all have exciting looking title races brewing.

The English one is a procession this year and no matter how much Sky and Talksport try to say otherwise it’s not healthy.

France have a similar procession (albeit even PSG have lost 3 games) and the English media were quick to slate their league so how come it’s ok to happen in England.

Be great, and not sure if the maths allow it, if Liverpool won it before end of February. Surely then they would shut their big fucking mouths.

You keep saying this week in week out. We get that you're raging that Lolverpool are finally going to win it.

We're about to see a 4th different champion in the last 5 seasons in England. There was 1 point in it last year.

Munich and Juve will probably win their leagues yet again this season which is far more worrying. 

Think it was because it hit his foot and flicked onto his hand.
Ok, I can accept that explanation because I dont know any better. But the on pitch referee interpreted the ludicrous handball rule one way. The VAR referee interpreted said ludicrous rule another way. One overturned the other. Why? Surely that decision is no more accurate for having referred it? Just a fucking ridiculous use (get in the queue) of the technology.

Ok, I can accept that explanation because I dont know any better. But the on pitch referee interpreted the ludicrous handball rule one way. The VAR referee interpreted said ludicrous rule another way. One overturned the other. Why? Surely that decision is no more accurate for having referred it? Just a fucking ridiculous use (get in the queue) of the technology.
I'm guessing the on-field referee (and/or linesman, but that is another argument for another day) didn't see the ball hit his foot first and only saw it hit his arm. Even as someone who doesn't like VAR, this was something that was handled properly (albeit I don't know how long the delay was between the original award and the change of decision). I'm actually more interested in the mechanics of it all. The referee blew for the penalty when the ball was pinging about in the box and hadn't yet been cleared or put out for a corner/throw I think? So when the decision was reversed Man City didn't get the penalty (fine, that was correct) but also didn't get the chance to keep the pressure on and score from the resultant panic in the box or whatever. I'm assuming it restarted with a drop ball for the keeper to pick up?

2 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
9 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I'm guessing the on-field referee (and/or linesman, but that is another argument for another day) didn't see the ball hit his foot first and only saw it hit his arm. Even as someone who doesn't like VAR, this was something that was handled properly (albeit I don't know how long the delay was between the original award and the change of decision). I'm actually more interested in the mechanics of it all. The referee blew for the penalty when the ball was pinging about in the box and hadn't yet been cleared or put out for a corner/throw I think? So when the decision was reversed Man City didn't get the penalty (fine, that was correct) but also didn't get the chance to keep the pressure on and score from the resultant panic in the box or whatever. I'm assuming it restarted with a drop ball for the keeper to pick up?

I dont know. I just think handball is so subjective now that they shouldn't be overturning unless replays show it didnt actually strike a hand at all. 

17 hours ago, The Master said:

Patrice Evra trying to argue with both Roy Keane and Graeme Souness. 

That won’t end well for him.

I'm pretty sure I read that Evra is highly trained in some form of martial art. 

the thing is, Rab could have actually done something kind of funny by waiting until Liverpool sealed the title then re-registering with a RONKERS style posting spree. That might even have got a wry smile.

As it is, P&B has so thoroughly broken him to the extent that he's constantly re-registering and posting about, well, not a lot really.

Choosing to support Liverpool is not some sort of amazing achievement, and it's genuinely baffling to see a grown arsed man behaving like this at this point.

edit: there's an uncomfortable possibility that football is literally the only thing going on in the guy's life behind the screen, which would explain quite a lot tbh. There might very well be a genuine mental illness underpinning all this, in which case - get help, Rab.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely
removed filthy Americanism from post.