English Premier League 2019-20

2 hours ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

They've got last seasons champions league in the bag, the premier league is a massive monkey on their back, they simply have to win it at all cost, almost like getting your hole for the first time, you can worry about everything else after you've done it.  if I was Klopp it would be full speed ahead in the league utill both hands are firmly on the trophy,  besides the way things are going they could be champions by early april , leaving a clear path to the champions league.  but they have been lucky with unjuries so far

Considering that they have had to put youth players on the bench in recent Premier League games they have hardly been injury free.  They have been lucky in that neither Robertson nor Alexander-Arnold have missed significant time but they have had lots of injuries this season

Would have liked a better angle for the disallowed Burnley goal at Stamford Bridge; looked to me that Abraham's foot was in front of the line they drew on MotD so it should have stood?

On last night's one, I thought the handball thing was only if it directly led to a goal? Rice still had loads to do before making the pass, it wasn't as if Rice touched it with his arm into Snodgrass' path. Seems to be a bit of a vague law (to the surprise of nobody).

Not sure the Aubameyang one was a red either - another case where the ref should be looking at the monitor (and at full speed to judge the intensity of the challenge). I know it would make no sense for Arsenal to appeal but there have already been two (I think) decisions that VAR have upgraded from yellow to red which have then been rescinded on appeal and taken back to a yellow. Which should be another nail in VARs coffin, but won't be.

If you end up with your studs/sole of your boot in contact with an opponent you are likely to be sent off.
Why do people (yer da' usually) still struggle with this? It's been enforced for many years now.
Too many fans/pundits/commentators have the idea stuck in their heads that if you play the ball it can't be a foul no matter what happens next.

If you end up with your studs/sole of your boot in contact with an opponent you are likely to be sent off.
Why do people (yer da' usually) still struggle with this? It's been enforced for many years now.

It’s becoming a non contact sport more or less..... (ma da) grew up watching the likes souness so that’s why he struggles!!!!

10 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Would have liked a better angle for the disallowed Burnley goal at Stamford Bridge; looked to me that Abraham's foot was in front of the line they drew on MotD so it should have stood?

On last night's one, I thought the handball thing was only if it directly led to a goal? Rice still had loads to do before making the pass, it wasn't as if Rice touched it with his arm into Snodgrass' path. Seems to be a bit of a vague law (to the surprise of nobody).

Not sure the Aubameyang one was a red either - another case where the ref should be looking at the monitor (and at full speed to judge the intensity of the challenge). I know it would make no sense for Arsenal to appeal but there have already been two (I think) decisions that VAR have upgraded from yellow to red which have then been rescinded on appeal and taken back to a yellow. Which should be another nail in VARs coffin, but won't be.

Of the many issues with this new law, this is the major one. Where is the cut-off point at which it is okay to handle it before a goal? If someone handles it accidentally on their own goal line, boots it up the park and his team scores is it then disallowed? You could have a situation where the defender in that example isn't penalised for a handball on his own goal line, but then 10 seconds later if it leads to a goal suddenly does get penalised! Completely ridiculous.

With most new laws you can clearly see the purpose, even if it doesn't work that well. With this I have literally no idea what problem they are trying to fix by introducing it. I don't remember there being an issue with players scoring lots of goals with accidental handball, and even if there was, so what? As long as it's not deliberate then that is just part of the luck of the game.

Edited by Diamonds are Forever

14 minutes ago, Post Box said:

Was down at the new Spurs Stadium for the first time yesterday. What a fantastic ground. Not the best organisation at the away end with the airport type security and a bit cramped inside the concourse but great views from the seats. Liverpool win again and have now made the best ever start by any side in the top in 5 European leagues. 16 clear. 88 points from 90. 38 game unbeaten. 6 clean sheets in a row. What a team this is :)

27A613E5-72DB-464A-A3A4-6060A1A8F5FC.jpeg

2C166CBB-218F-498D-AADA-6B89CD538E61.jpeg

C75275A2-76D9-4CF6-9159-6422302A26D4.jpeg

lenny.jpg.a190845da57fb2b3fded225c376b2043.jpg

I always thought the rule was about how much control you were in whilst tackling, like the speed and stuff.

That was an unusual one because he wasn't out of control, it was just a bad tackle.

I was wincing on the replay but expected yellow to be the right call.

Just now, pandarilla said:

It definitely happened a few times and morons declared "how can you tell if it's intentional why don't you just make all handballs a foul" - and so it seems they've compromised.

The Llorente one against City is the one I remember. Rather than accept that some decisions are just extremely difficult to call they have just introduced a stupid law that just causes more debate and means more difficult decisions need made.

Plus if I remember with the Llorente one part of the debate was also whether it actually hit is arm or not, so this new law wouldn't actually have helped much anyway.

4 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I always thought the rule was about how much control you were in whilst tackling, like the speed and stuff.

That was an unusual one because he wasn't out of control, it was just a bad tackle.

I was wincing on the replay but expected yellow to be the right call.

Control has nothing to do with it.

Any challenge that ends up with studs contacting can be interpreted as dangerous by the referee who is then within his/her rights to show a red.

48 minutes ago, Post Box said:

Was down at the new Spurs Stadium for the first time yesterday. What a fantastic ground. Not the best organisation at the away end with the airport type security and a bit cramped inside the concourse but great views from the seats. Liverpool win again and have now made the best ever start by any side in the top in 5 European leagues. 16 clear. 88 points from 90. 38 game unbeaten. 6 clean sheets in a row. What a team this is :)

27A613E5-72DB-464A-A3A4-6060A1A8F5FC.jpeg

2C166CBB-218F-498D-AADA-6B89CD538E61.jpeg

C75275A2-76D9-4CF6-9159-6422302A26D4.jpeg

Mods plz, @Bully Wee Villa @Tynierose @Cardinal Richelieu @keithgy @Radford

Rab, and it's a safe fucking bet you're going to read this, seek help or at the very least stop visiting P&B since it's not doing you any good.

What you are doing - constantly re-registering to make pretty much the same turgid post's over and over and over again - is not healthy behaviour.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

6 minutes ago, throbber said:

Some great pictures there tbf.

Most remarkable bit is how the guy one row in front of him sprouts a full head of hair during the game.