English Premier League 2019-20

Its not the touch on the shoulder its the wolves boy catching mahrez on the foot, he accidentally stood on it which only a replay seen
Yes, I'm quite surprised that the commentators didn't mention it after about the 3rd or 4th penalty. Having said that, it still isn't a penalty in my view - an accidental slight touch on the top of the foot is not a foul and Mahrez throwing himself down 3 steps later was laughable. Agree on the encroachment stuff - I don't see why they use VAR for that but not the keeper being off the line, and while the Wolves man was in the box when it was struck, there was a City player further in and interfering with the rebound (i.e. he went for it) so to me those should offset to use NFL speak. Again, that's a problem with the laws rather than VAR but it's still a nonsense. 7 minutes of injury time too, which is crazy for a first half.

As to the game itself, Wolves have been pretty poor in the final third which is a shame as they have got into some promising positions and Traore looks dangerous. Jonny isn't playing well though.

20 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Yes, I'm quite surprised that the commentators didn't mention it after about the 3rd or 4th penalty. Having said that, it still isn't a penalty in my view - an accidental slight touch on the top of the foot is not a foul and Mahrez throwing himself down 3 steps later was laughable. Agree on the encroachment stuff - I don't see why they use VAR for that but not the keeper being off the line, and while the Wolves man was in the box when it was struck, there was a City player further in and interfering with the rebound (i.e. he went for it) so to me those should offset to use NFL speak. Again, that's a problem with the laws rather than VAR but it's still a nonsense. 7 minutes of injury time too, which is crazy for a first half.

As to the game itself, Wolves have been pretty poor in the final third which is a shame as they have got into some promising positions and Traore looks dangerous. Jonny isn't playing well though.

Completely agree, if thats a penalty then why wasn't the one few mins before the goal wheb walker accidentally caught the wolves boy

Feel for the ref as VAR has basically said you fucked up twice, when in reality 99% of fans would agree with the ref on both times
Definitely. I never noticed the player standing on Mahrez foot until they mentioned it at half time, no way Atkinson saw that either. IMO that's where they should be asking him to go and look at the monitor and decide himself if that minimal contact warranted awarding a penalty.