English Premier League 2019-20

22 hours ago, pandarilla said:

Politics and sport are often intertwined - and the world has changed for the better because of it.

This is a pretty lazy point to hide behind.

Well done on totally missing my point. Sky don't want to mix sports and politics, hence my comments about Neville being 100% correct and the Sky guy not defending him. Until the television companies, Sky in particular in this instance, admit that the problem is not going away it will persist.

They want to sell the product worldwide though. Best league in the world and all that.

Well done on totally missing my point. Sky don't want to mix sports and politics, hence my comments about Neville being 100% correct and the Sky guy not defending him. Until the television companies, Sky in particular in this instance, admit that the problem is not going away it will persist.
They want to sell the product worldwide though. Best league in the world and all that.
Your point wasn't clear first time round.

Sky sports are torn, though. They love the drama and scandal that a story like this brings - but you're right they also need the glorious epl to be seen as the gold standard across the world.

The presenter was undoubtedly getting a panicked voice in his ear and although he wanted to distance sky from the overtly party political point Neville was making, he did it in such a clumsy way that be was forced to apologise soon after. He looks a dick but I have sympathy.

If sky want to make the EPL look good WORLDWIDE. Then i dont think they’d be supporting racism. Also neville clearly called out both party leaders so it’s not that overtly political
I think it was a mistake made due to panic more than anything else. Someone (maybe the editor or the presenter) has shat themselves as soon as Neville got into politics.

I’m a little puzzled by Lampard’s statement that Mourinho questioning Rudiger’s integrity is disappointing given the on going investigation into racial abuse. The offence is a red card all day long but Rudiger absolutely milked it. That isn’t changed by the fact he was racially abused and in no way excuses that but Rudiger bought that red card nonetheless

Everyone probably already knows this but I just realised... assuming they win their game in hand, if in their next 14 matches Liverpool increase their lead over Man City by 2 points, and over Leicester by 6 points, Liverpool can win the league away at Man City on the weekend of 4 April. With 6 games to spare, it would be the earliest the Premier League has ever been won.

The 3pm games are absolutely shit today. Did Prime pick this or were they assigned this date and these are just the fixtures it threw up? 
Gamedays are packaged up and sold seperately. Obviously the vast majority are bought by Sky. What they bought was a package of games including boxing day and the one a few weeks ago. Unsire why Sky and BT didnt pick it up, or maybe Amazon blew them out

Just now, Bairnardo said:
6 minutes ago, Dele said:
The 3pm games are absolutely shit today. Did Prime pick this or were they assigned this date and these are just the fixtures it threw up? 

Gamedays are packaged up and sold seperately. Obviously the vast majority are bought by Sky. What they bought was a package of games including boxing day and the one a few weeks ago. Unsire why Sky and BT didnt pick it up, or maybe Amazon blew them out

Yeah I didn't word that too well. What I meant was did Amazon know what they were getting when they bought it or did they just buy set dates then later on the fixtures were revealed?