English Premier League 2019-20

11 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

My stream is a bit disappointing - the frame rate isn't up to scratch so the ball trundles along in installments rather than moving smoothly. Sounds like others have no issues though, so it seems to be hit and miss.

What device are you using?

If it’s a Fire stick, change the resolution to 1080/50p in the settings. 

7 minutes ago, The Master said:

What device are you using?

If it’s a Fire stick, change the resolution to 1080/50p in the settings. 

Watching it through my Virgin box - no immediate option to change the settings on there. The definition of the actual picture is very good, it's just the movement it's struggling with.

On chromecast the picture isn't up the quality you get with sky. Compression artefacts on the ball is particularly noticable. Better picture than Sky Go tbf.

Only other sport I have watched on Amazon is tennis which was near unwatchable for me compared to broadcast TV.

It is buffering now like a dodgy internet stream.

Cracking UHD stream for Burnley v Man City on Amazon. 
As good as if not better than “normal” TV.

Likewise. Perfect HD, no lag, no buffering through Prime on the TV. That was until the missus just nonchalantly and with no shame whatsoever swiped the remote and announced she’ll be putting I’m A Celeb on.

Transferred over to Prime on my phone for the last 5 minutes of the 1st half there with perfect stream quality there too.

Likewise. Perfect HD, no lag, no buffering through Prime on the TV. That was until the missus just nonchalantly and with no shame whatsoever swiped the remote and announced she’ll be putting I’m A Celeb on.

Transferred over to Prime on my phone for the last 5 minutes of the 1st half there with perfect stream quality there too.
Similar for me. I watched some through my TV with a perfect picture, better than when I watch BT Sport through the app on my TV. Watched the rest on my tablet and the picture quality was comparable to Sky Go.

All in all a decent start.

What's the deal with Amazon Prime? Have they been given a certain amount of games or is this just a wee trial before they ask for subscriptions? I have Prime but hardly use it, if they get fitba included in the price I'll keep it going though.

30 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

What's the deal with Amazon Prime? Have they been given a certain amount of games or is this just a wee trial before they ask for subscriptions? I have Prime but hardly use it, if they get fitba included in the price I'll keep it going though.

EPL sold midweek rounds separately from the main packages. This midweek and boxing day on Amazon showing all 10 games. Then BT are showing all 10 games on the New Years midweek and they have another midweek at the end of January.

Deal runs for 3 years.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2018/jun/07/amazon-breaks-premier-league-hold-of-sky-and-bt-with-streaming-deal

I had similar problems as a couple of above posters on chromecast with the stream cutting out every few mins. Was plain sailing when I stopped watching that way and just watched on my PC though. The no commentary option is superb, heard some funny moans and groans from the stands.

I watched the first half of palace v Bournemouth then went over to the Burnley v City game on my TV(built in app). I only had one problem with the feed just after the 30min mark of the Burnley game (just after the Sterling chance when Pope wiped out his own defender making a save) the feed went blank for a couolyof seconds and then restarted a couolyof minutes in the past.

Not to be a corporate bootlicker but it’s class not having to fork out over and above my existing subscriptions to watch fitba.

It’s testament to the good times patter from McCoist and Champion that I’m tempted to watch some of what’s usually a turgid game in the Merseyside Derby.