English Premier League 2019-20

1 minute ago, eez-eh said:

Selling De Bruyne and Salah calls into question his judgement, but it’s kinda irrelevant to the discussion about youth players considering neither of them were.

They were young players breaking into the team.  He couldn't see their potential and wasn't capable of helping them realise it.  Other managers were.  He also sold lukaku then bought him at man Utd.

9 hours ago, eez-eh said:

Selling De Bruyne and Salah calls into question his judgement, but it’s kinda irrelevant to the discussion about youth players considering neither of them were.

if you want to raise questions about JM's judgement, I would swiftly remind you that he managed to secure the services of Fred at Old Trafford for a fee of just less than £50 million - now, how's that for a deal !

with that in mind, you may like to reconsider your most rash and ill-considered of intimations

or just point and laugh - your call...

😉

Now Jose’s got his feet under the table, I’ve just remembered - I’m sure Spurs are being filmed by Amazon Prime this season for the next series of All Or Nothing.

Another Daniel Levy masterstroke?

- Build big f**k off stadium.

- Agree a big f**k off deal with Amazon.

- Have a bit of managerial drama to boost views and cut of the profits?

They were young players breaking into the team.  He couldn't see their potential and wasn't capable of helping them realise it.  Other managers were.  He also sold lukaku then bought him at man Utd.

Had Drogba tho so never going to get many minutes.

Yes, JM bought some utter dog shite at Utd but he was a fantastic manager. He will go down as one of the best to have managed.

Yes it’s a backwards step for Spurs and personally I think JM is done in the modern game unless he changes his ways. He used to be exceptionally good at deflecting the pressure from his players onto himself at the time of big games, which is a clever thing to do but now he’s just a negative b*****d

What's interesting about the appointment is that he has taken a couple of well regarded coaches from Lyon to Spurs rather than his old coaching team. I think he might do OK sadly, with Spurs perhaps pipping Man Utd and Arsenal to 4th behind Liverpool, Man City and Leicester/Chelsea (I'm not convinced by Chelsea in that they've only really played 2/3 of the tougher teams so far and lost to both Man Utd and Liverpool and drew with Leicester at home, while Leicester themselves are a bit of an unknown) and having a run in the FA Cup. That would probably be seen as a good arason given where they are starting from.

Just now, LondonHMFC said:

Letting Adrian go could be the biggest mistake Gold & Sullivan make as owners of West Ham and they've made some cock ups in their time. 

To be fair, they'd have been fine in that department if Fabianksi didn't pick up this injury. 

1 minute ago, accies1874 said:

To be fair, they'd have been fine in that department if Fabianksi didn't pick up this injury. 

Yeah but he did pick up an injury. 

It's another short sighted move on their part trying to save a few quid.