English Premier League 2019-20

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

I can see that ending badly. Going from one of the most entertaining managers to one of the dreariest won’t be popular, surely?

The alternative view is: going from a manager who's won f**k all to a manager who has a proven track record of winning trophies.

32 minutes ago, Gaz said:

The alternative view is: going from a manager who's won f**k all to a manager who has a proven track record of winning trophies.

23 minutes ago, staggy1929 said:

Mourinho wins trophies everywhere he goes, has a tendency to leave clubs when it gets tough though. Could be an outstanding appointment or could finish this Spurs team.

I'm fairly sure that hes only won a League Cup, Community Shield, and a Europa League with Man U, in the last 5 seasons. Two of those are ones Tottenham won't care about.

Hes not a "serial winner" anymore.

Edited by RandomGuy.

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm fairly sure that hes only won a League Cup, Community Shield, and a Europa League with Man U, in the last 5 seasons. Two of those are ones Tottenham won't care about.

That's still two more trophies than Spurs have managed in the last, what, thirty years?

I don't think he's quite the manager he was, but he has won trophies fairly early on at each of his jobs before it all goes sour.

EDIT: I'd also say the Community Shield is the only one of those three Spurs fans wouldn't really care about.

Edited by Gaz

14 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Spurs need trophies, Mourinho wins trophies. That's the thinking Levy has had with this appointment whether it goes to plan or not is a different story.

Agree with a poster that they’ve got rid of a bit of a mover and progressive manager to take 2 steps backwards appointing a manager that has refused to moved with the times. Jose used to be a very successful manager but his refusal to change his approach has made him become stale and highly irrelevant anymore but with the lack of high profile managers thats available the choice makes sense. With that being said he will go down as one of the best managers we’ve seen.

With poch becoming available I’m sure Bayern, United and Barca may take notice.

2 hours ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

Not too bothered about the appointment, we all know how it will end, only question is how long it takes.

My only bugbear is we will have to listen to the media fall over themselves praising Maureen all over again telling us how good a manager he is like we can't remember how his last two jobs in England went. Shower of fannies, the lot of them.

Pep v Maureen again will at least be entertaining for a couple of weeks.

Totally, i was listening to mourinho in the sky studio are a weeks ago when man utd we're playing and he was talking about all the prolems and limitations they have.  I was dying for someone to point out they have these cause he was their manager and they're his fault.  Awful manager awful appointment.

Box office stuff from Spurs imo.

It's liable to be an absolute disaster, but he may just provide that win at all costs mindset to get them over the line and win something.

Looking forward to the 3 stages of a Mourinho managerial post.

'special one' Jose, when he first arrives and the press are his pals because he's good copy.

'heads gone' Jose, we might get this stage quicker than usual due to VAR.

'emo' Jose, towards the end when he no longer gives any fucks and has accepted the futility of both the job and life itself.

3 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

'heads gone' Jose, we might get this stage quicker than usual due to VAR.

^^^ this could be absolutely glorious; meltdowns in the face of everyone else thinking he was probably in the wrong were pretty good fun as it was, but meltdowns in the face of incontrovertible evidence that he is wrong have the potential to be magnificent; the media must make a point of interviewing him as soon as possible after any controversies to ensure that - without having seen any VAR footage - he makes himself as much of an idiot as possible, and they should then goad him mercilessly about getting things arse about face

i actually like the bloke and think he's great value entertainment and a decent manager regardless, but the English media and a VAR-era Jose is a match made in heaven...

Mourinho must have the tiniest microdick in the world, that's why he is the way he is.  Utterly disgusting human being too, and bad for.the game.  Does a lot of damage at every club he's at, and leaves behind a huge mess.  Astonishingly stupid move from spurs.

Edited by Kuro

14 minutes ago, Kuro said:

Mourinho must have the tiniest microdick in the world, that's why he is the way he is.  Utterly disgusting human being too, and bad for.the game.  Does a lot of damage at every club he's at, and leaves behind a huge mess.  Astonishingly stupid move from spurs.

yup - but the vicarious pleasure provided for those of us who are just looking on, pointing and laughing, is likely to be just glorious - bring it on...

This is a very pragmatic appointment in the short term for Tottenham but the mayhem from the inevitable fallout in a couple of years could leave them in a much worse position than they are in.  Spurs will win a lot of games 1-0 over the next 2 years or so but then (like at the other clubs Mourinho has managed) it will go spectacularly badly