English Premier League 2019-20

Exactly this. He has proved himself a good young manager. First bad run and he is emptied.

He never had a bad run at Southampton did he? Poch going is a massive shock, especially this late into the international break. They must have someone lined up that he has been punted at this stage. Oles arse will be twitching

Isn't a big shock considering their form and the fact he seems to have been miserable about his situation for months.

I meant more the timing of it was a massive shock, usually these things happen quite early into the international break. For it to happen 4 days before their next game.

I can see that ending badly. Going from one of the most entertaining managers to one of the dreariest won’t be popular, surely?

Lot of fans on Twitter seemed to have turned on the board for this decision.

Cant see any real logic in that at all. Have a feeling the players wont be particularly happy about it either.

Imagine if Mourinho and Tottenham were relegated though...

Not too bothered about the appointment, we all know how it will end, only question is how long it takes.

My only bugbear is we will have to listen to the media fall over themselves praising Maureen all over again telling us how good a manager he is like we can't remember how his last two jobs in England went. Shower of fannies, the lot of them.

Pep v Maureen again will at least be entertaining for a couple of weeks.

Edited by Musketeer Gripweed

Holy f**k that's quite box office. Fair play on that level, cos I don't particularly give a f**k about their league but still vocally reacted to both that sacking and appointment.

Don't see it working out but you never know. If he's learned from his last couple of failures then you never know. Still some pedigree.

Absolute madness?  They have sacked one of the most progressive and forward-thinking managers on the planet for a man who is an egotistical semi-dinosaur who proved at Manchester united and in his last stint at Chelsea that he had failed to move with the times.  Used to love Mourinho and his personality is box office, but think this is a very bad move for Spurs.