English Premier League 2019-20

14 hours ago, Andrew Wells said:

Why not stay and see if he can get a job that isn't a completely hopeless task?

Because these are the biggest ckubs.in the world, nobody turns them down.  everything Rogers does every day is with a view to hopefully one day being offered a job like that, he probably literally dreams about it.

Guest Moomintroll

Pepp has it right with this one *shudders*, Rogers will not get the Manchester United job due to his Liverpool connections as long as Charlton & Ferguson are on the board. I suspect that he has enough of an ego & working capital/raw material to make a success of the Arsenal job, next stop Barca/Madrilenos/PSG/ FC Hollywood.

2 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

Pepp has it right with this one *shudders*, Rogers will not get the Manchester United job due to his Liverpool connections as long as Charlton & Ferguson are on the board. I suspect that he has enough of an ego & working capital/raw material to make a success of the Arsenal job, next stop Barca/Madrilenos/PSG/ FC Hollywood.

I find it amazing this is.even being discussed.  There isn't a single employee at Leicester player manager or coach who wouldn't drop Leicester like a hot tattie as soon as they heard the words Manchester United and literally walk to old Trafford to take the job.

Guest Moomintroll
24 minutes ago, Kuro said:

I find it amazing this is.even being discussed.  There isn't a single employee at Leicester player manager or coach who wouldn't drop Leicester like a hot tattie as soon as they heard the words Manchester United and literally walk to old Trafford to take the job.

He won't get it for the reason I have  already stated , Maguire is a case in point & I agree 100% with you here, for once. 

Guest Moomintroll

It is getting quite worrying how good a Manager Southgate is being. He is pretty much saying I don't care how good you are, if you disrespect your team mates you are out. Makes the others try harder for him while making the petulant prima donnas do the same lest they lose their spotlight.

It is getting quite worrying how good a Manager Southgate is being. He is pretty much saying I don't care how good you are, if you disrespect your team mates you are out. Makes the others try harder for him while making the petulant prima donnas do the same lest they lose their spotlight.

It’s noticeable that the England players are buying into what he’s doing, unlike our brave lads who seem determined to undermine Steve Clarke every game.

Considering how much of a joke figure he was in club football, it’s a remarkable turnaround. He’s also a damn sight more intelligent than most of his critics.

He won't get it for the reason I have  already stated , Maguire is a case in point & I agree 100% with you here, for once. 

I don’t agree with what you said about the Liverpool connection, SAF doesn’t really have any beef with a Liverpool and would want the best person for the job regardless of who they managed before. The fact Mourinho got the job is surely evidence of that.

There's a lad in work who says that Sterling is the 3rd best player in the world. He also says that the English Premier League is the best league in the world.

To be fair I doubt he's ever had an opinion of his own, as he simply just repeats soundbites and things in the tabloid media about everything.

2 hours ago, Moomintroll said:

What's weird is that most of the press reaction I have seen seems to be suggesting that Southgate overreacted. For years one of the main reasons given for the failings of the England team was that club divides within the squad affected team spirit and there were splits in the camp. Now they have a manager who is trying to show by his actions that team spirit is of paramount importance and that club rivalries need left at the door, and he gets criticised for it.

Edited by Diamonds are Forever