English Premier League 2019-20

So after all the chat earlier about the Man City non penalty not being given because of Bernando Silva's handball in the lead up, according to the Premier League referees body, that wasn't taken into account (as per Mark Chapman on MOTD2). So either they are saying TAA didn't extend his silhouette (the natural/unnatural thing isn't a thing any more), or they are making it up as they go along like they did at least twice last week at Goodison (Son's red card and the Dele Alli handball). My money is on the latter...

So after all the chat earlier about the Man City non penalty not being given because of Bernando Silva's handball in the lead up, according to the Premier League referees body, that wasn't taken into account (as per Mark Chapman on MOTD2). So either they are saying TAA didn't extend his silhouette (the natural/unnatural thing isn't a thing any more), or they are making it up as they go along like they did at least twice last week at Goodison (Son's red card and the Dele Alli handball). My money is on the latter...

As much as I don’t like to say this... I think Souness had a good point in the studio after the game. There was half a second between the Bernardo hand ball and the TAA one. What exactly is the natural position for that? The ball was heading towards the byline then half a second later it’s heading across the goal. The defender has to readjust himself, so in doing so ,at a high speed, can you really expect his arms to be by his side?

Every replay we seemed to get of the incident was a slow mo to see if it hit his arm, which it obviously did, but that never gives a true reflection of what was going on. We seem to be getting a lot more of that in football all the time and not just in relation to handballs.

Yes, he did. They were the biggest club in the world when he managed them. You said they're now the third biggest and asked who wouldn't want to manage them. 
I simply replied with someone who wouldn't wish to manage them now. 

What an odd thing for you to try and argue btw.

Don’t think Rogers would be out of his mind to take the Man Utd job at all, they’re still one of the biggest and richesr clubs in the world and if a manager went and turned things round there they would be regarded as one of the top managers in the world. Any youngish and ambitious manager should still want the job which makes it all the more strange that Ole is still there.

I couldn't see Rodgers turning things around there. I don't think Jesus Christ himself could walk in there and pull out a miracle, such is the clusterfuck that club is. Still wouldn't be "out of his mind" to take it though. He could probably do them for an absolute MASSIVE wage and retire after about six months.

As much as I don’t like to say this... I think Souness had a good point in the studio after the game. There was half a second between the Bernardo hand ball and the TAA one. What exactly is the natural position for that? The ball was heading towards the byline then half a second later it’s heading across the goal. The defender has to readjust himself, so in doing so ,at a high speed, can you really expect his arms to be by his side?

Every replay we seemed to get of the incident was a slow mo to see if it hit his arm, which it obviously did, but that never gives a true reflection of what was going on. We seem to be getting a lot more of that in football all the time and not just in relation to handballs.
Seeing as you reference my post in yours, I'll repeat what I said in mine: there is no such distinction between natural and unnatural positions anymore, it's meant to be about whether or not the player has increased his body beyond his natural silhouette. Clearly he did, as his arms were away from his body. You can claim he was only doing so for balance or whatever but under the bee guidelines it should still have been given. He was also about 8 yards away from the ball when it hit Bernardo - and distance is meant to be one of the things the referees are meant to take into account (which is why the second claim was rightly waved away).

Don’t think Rogers would be out of his mind to take the Man Utd job at all, they’re still one of the biggest and richesr clubs in the world and if a manager went and turned things round there they would be regarded as one of the top managers in the world. Any youngish and ambitious manager should still want the job which makes it all the more strange that Ole is still there.

See below.

I couldn't see Rodgers turning things around there. I don't think Jesus Christ himself could walk in there and pull out a miracle, such is the clusterfuck that club is. Still wouldn't be "out of his mind" to take it though. He could probably do them for an absolute MASSIVE wage and retire after about six months.

Exactly this, and leads back to Kuro’s slavering about Rodgers for Man Utd or Arsenal yesterday as well.

As said, both Man Utd and Arsenal are clearly an absolute clusterfuck behind the scenes. The signing/release policies at both clubs appears to make zero sense and the knock on effect on the pitch is telling.

As things stand, despite probably having far less spending power and resources at his disposal, Rodgers is in a far better place with Leicester right now and would be foolish to jump ship IMO. If he were to jump ship to either of those clubs, he should be ensuring there’s a clause in his contract where the money men put up the money but have absolutely no say in who it gets spent on... Which is never going to happen.

1 hour ago, 8MileBU said:

See below.

Exactly this, and leads back to Kuro’s slavering about Rodgers for Man Utd or Arsenal yesterday as well.

As said, both Man Utd and Arsenal are clearly an absolute clusterfuck behind the scenes. The signing/release policies at both clubs appears to make zero sense and the knock on effect on the pitch is telling.

As things stand, despite probably having far less spending power and resources at his disposal, Rodgers is in a far better place with Leicester right now and would be foolish to jump ship IMO. If he were to jump ship to either of those clubs, he should be ensuring there’s a clause in his contract where the money men put up the money but have absolutely no say in who it gets spent on... Which is never going to happen.

Aye totally, he's in a much better place at Leicester lol.  You fuckin idiot.  It's not like man Utd just signed leicesters best player or anything is it.  You utter clown.  Some of the push you read on here is.hilarious.  I guarantee you Rodgers goes to sleep dreaming t the man Utd and arsenal jobs and would take less than one second to accept it offered either.

Honestly some of the fuckin nonsense you read on here Jesus christ, better at Leicester than Man Utd or arsenal aye totally man lol

2 hours ago, Andrew Wells said:

He's already a duck in multi millionaire he can retire right now.  It's nothing to do with no e.g. It's the chance to manage one of the biggest clubs in the world, every manager literally every single one in the game wants that and would.jump at that job.

Aye totally, he's in a much better place at Leicester lol.  You fuckin idiot.  It's not like man Utd just signed leicesters best player or anything is it.  You utter clown.  Some of the push you read on here is.hilarious.  I guarantee you Rodgers goes to sleep dreaming t the man Utd and arsenal jobs and would take less than one second to accept it offered either.

Honestly some of the fuckin nonsense you read on here Jesus christ, better at Leicester than Man Utd or arsenal aye totally man lol

That’s a fucking state and a half of a post.

“signed Leicesters best player” [emoji1]

Was that Tielemans, Maddison or Vardy? Must’ve missed it.

12 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

That’s a fucking state and a half of a post.

“signed Leicesters best player” emoji1.png

Was that Tielemans, Maddison or Vardy? Must’ve missed it.

No it was the only.first.choice.England international they had, their player of.the season and their players player of the season.

Guest Moomintroll

@Kuro. Pepp, is there ever a minute in your life where you are not absolutely fucking raging about everything, everywhere? I admire your insistence on being incandescent about the tiniest thing but does your head not hurt sometimes through the sheer stress of it all.