English Premier League 2019-20

VAR has become an indefensible mess. I have no idea what is supposed to constitute a "clear and obvious error". How on earth can it be justified to overturn Wood's equaliser, but not to give Deulofeu a penalty? 
Agreed. I'm not sure how that wasnt given as handball by Delle Ali either - looked to be around the Premier League logo, or the stripe where his shirt ended and his under shirt began. Either way it hit his arm, accidentally, and should have been chalked off. Maybe it was and the scoreboard operator was right after all.

Agreed. I'm not sure how that wasnt given as handball by Delle Ali either - looked to be around the Premier League logo, or the stripe where his shirt ended and his under shirt began. Either way it hit his arm, accidentally, and should have been chalked off. Maybe it was and the scoreboard operator was right after all.

But Raul Jimenez goal was ruled out by VAR for near enough the same thing.

Once scoreboard showed ‘No Goal’ I’m pretty sure I seen match referee talk to his head set to cornfirm that VAR did actually give the nod for the goal.

VAR has become an indefensible mess. I have no idea what is supposed to constitute a "clear and obvious error". How on earth can it be justified to overturn Wood's equaliser, but not to give Deulofeu a penalty? 

Just seen the Burnley one. Ridiculous. They are deep down the rabbit hole that once VAR becomes involved, theres a completely different standard being applied for what constitutes a foul.

Eta... Now seen Dele Allis one also.... WTF?

Guest Moomintroll

VAR isn't the issue, Mike Riley being an egotistical arsehole & ignoring the IFAB & FIFA guidelines on how to use it is the problem. An English team will get stung badly at a critical point of the CL or EL this season when VAR is used properly & it will kick off as they will claim that nothing would have happened if it was a domestic game.

11 hours ago, DrewDon said:

Seems to be that if a team make a big issue of it and crowd and shout at the ref then he'll crumble and demand a VAR review rather than telling the players to f**k off and book them.