English Premier League 2019-20

OGS has two designated penalty takers who decide between them who's going to take it based on their feelings?!

Pogba - missed 4 in 11,
Rashford - never missed a penalty.

That's poor management, Solskjaer needs to tell them Rashford is the penalty taker.

Didnt think it was a good save more of a shite penalty .

Costly

Everytime I see Kuros signature I am reminded of when he made an utter arse of himself re Mike Tyson in his Peppino Impasto guise.

‘World class Mario Balotelli’ and ‘I know people who know Ronaldo’ always spring to my mind.

OGS has two designated penalty takers who decide between them who's going to take it based on their feelings?!

Pogba - missed 4 in 11,
Rashford - never missed a penalty.

That's poor management, Solskjaer needs to tell them Rashford is the penalty taker.

Didnt think it was a good save more of a shite penalty .

Costly

Agreed. He hit it well but too close to the goalie.

14 hours ago, pandarilla said:

Maybe.

The challenge system is the only one I can think of - but even then every late goal would be challenged (if they had any left).

I've always been inclined towards a challenge system, however you mention the main issue with it. If a team scored a 94th minute winner the other team would obviously challenge (much like how tennis players will challenge on any set/match point if there is the slightest chance of it being out). So for a start the enjoyment of a last minute goal would be gone, as fans would have to wait to see what the review said. Also how far back would the review go? 30 seconds? A minute? If you go back far enough you'll always find some mistake. There would have to be extremely specific rules where the challenging team would have to pin point the exact decision they wanted challenged. Even then I can't see that working as they may review looking for one thing, but find another, then what do you do? It works with tennis and cricket because there is one specific thing they are looking for, and the game resets naturally after each point/bowl, but football is a continuous game where each decision affects the next.

The overall problem with the implementation of VAR is that something this influential should have been trailed much more extensively than it has before it was shoved into top level football and World Cups, but because it requires so much money that wasn't possible and these 'teething issues' (I would say they are fundamental flaws) were not fully apparent until now and are being played out in front of stadiums of 60,000 people and TV audiences of millions.

I don't know what the answer is, technology should be used where appropriate and I don't agree with the people who argue that wrong decisions are a crucial part of football. But equally the current system is not sustainable. There is surely enough brain power to come up with a better solution, but again the problem is it will take a lot of trial and error at the top level to find the answer. From a selfish point of view I quite like that it wont affect my team and I can watch with interest how it plays out. If I was a fan of a Premier League side and had to go to games where this was happening every week I would hate it.

Edited by Diamonds are Forever

I dont understand how VAR has got so shit. I thought it worked pretty well at Russia 2018. I think the change in the Handball rule is a bigger problem. 

Iv always been pretty pro VAR  and I'd rather see correct decision than have "talking points" but it's getting harder to defend. Some of the shite spouted by pundits tho is getting ridiculous, Danny Murphy says on MOTD that if Jesus scores next week he wont celebrate? The whole thing about players and fans not knowing whether to celebrate is a lot of rubbish. If the ball goes in the fans and players will continue to go mental until the goal get ruled out. (Then the other fans will have go back)

Then last night we have Ian Holloway saying he hopes Brexit happens so we can make our own football rules again? Aye cause that's what they EU decide - The new handball rule. 

I dont understand how VAR has got so shit. I thought it worked pretty well at Russia 2018. I think the change in the Handball rule is a bigger problem. 
Iv always been pretty pro VAR  and I'd rather see correct decision than have "talking points" but it's getting harder to defend. Some of the shite spouted by pundits tho is getting ridiculous, Danny Murphy says on MOTD that if Jesus scores next week he wont celebrate? The whole thing about players and fans not knowing whether to celebrate is a lot of rubbish. If the ball goes in the fans and players will continue to go mental until the goal get ruled out. (Then the other fans will have go back)
Then last night we have Ian Holloway saying he hopes Brexit happens so we can make our own football rules again? Aye cause that's what they EU decide - The new handball rule. 
It's the amount of pundits that don't understand how VAR is being implemented. Holloway and a few others going on about the man city handball not being a clear and obvious mistake, I thought it was pretty common knowledge that VAR automatically reviews all goals and will therefor highlight any missed offences.

6 hours ago, spud131 said:
8 hours ago, Albertlegend said:

It's the amount of pundits that don't understand how VAR is being implemented. Holloway and a few others going on about the man city handball not being a clear and obvious mistake, I thought it was pretty common knowledge that VAR automatically reviews all goals and will therefor highlight any missed offences.

Everyone seems to have latched onto the "clear & obvious" bit thinking that it applies to all applications VAR when the handball stuff and offside ones are just either right or wrong.

Who would have thought Holloway was thick as f**k?? 

2 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Obsessed Sky Sports subscriber from Arbroath strikes again. Funnily enough you’ve still not commented beyond the 1st leg on Barcelona :lol:

This happened up behind us. If someone threw something then that’s totally out of order and I hope they catch him. The behaviour of the Dad of the kid in question was terrible though fronting up the away fans all the way down the steps certainly didn’t help the wee fella. 

3 hours ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Obsessed Sky Sports subscriber from Arbroath strikes again. Funnily enough you’ve still not commented beyond the 1st leg on Barcelona :lol:

This happened up behind us. If someone threw something then that’s totally out of order and I hope they catch him. The behaviour of the Dad of the kid in question was terrible though fronting up the away fans all the way down the steps certainly didn’t help the wee fella. 

Child gets struck with object. Your reaction:

1) Make terrible jibe at person who highlights it. Tries to point score referring Barca game.

2) Victim blaming.

3) Casts doubt on incident. 

Not a good look, Rab. I guess coming from a guy who wouldn't condemn racism or a man masturbating in a public square in front of thousands it's to be expected. 

This is why your posts draw such disdain. Most people actually enjoy watching Liverpool since Klopp came. It's nothing to do with your team. It's more to do that your posts epitomise the heady blend of OF whataboutery and glory hunting whilst being devoid of any actual meaningful contribution. 

5 hours ago, JMDP said:

1) Make terrible jibe at person who highlights it. Tries to point score referring Barca game.

2) Victim blaming.

Not a good look, Rab. I guess coming from a guy who wouldn't condemn racism or a man masturbating in a public square in front of thousands it's to be expected. 

This is why your posts draw such disdain. Most people actually enjoy watching Liverpool since Klopp came. It's nothing to do with your team. It's more to do that your posts epitomise the heady blend of OF whataboutery and glory hunting whilst being devoid of any actual meaningful contribution. 

:lol: The fume and desperation to paint me as a bad guy is delicious. 

Did you ever see that 2nd leg against Barcelona or are still too bitter and jealous to post :lol:

Funnily enough you must have missed my post from the game I commented that I counted 7 Southampton fans ejected during the game. Total heads gone stuff the Champions or Europe songs seemed to be a bit too much. 

The fathers behaviour was awful to see. Hopefully if someone from the Liverpool end threw a gas canister they are found and dealt with appropriately and the young boy involved is ok. 

6 hours ago, JMDP said:

2) Victim blaming.

And the emojis. 

Never forget the emojis.

Obsessed Sky Sports subscriber from Arbroath strikes again. Funnily enough you’ve still not commented beyond the 1st leg on Barcelona [emoji38]. 
A truly dreadful post.

4 hours ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

:lol: The fume and desperation to paint me as a bad guy is delicious. 

Did you ever see that 2nd leg against Barcelona or are still too bitter and jealous to post :lol:

Funnily enough you must have missed my post from the game I commented that I counted 7 Southampton fans ejected during the game. Total heads gone stuff the Champions or Europe songs seemed to be a bit too much. 

The fathers behaviour was awful to see. Hopefully if someone from the Liverpool end threw a gas canister they are found and dealt with appropriately and the young boy involved is ok. 

1) Victim blaming.

2) Casts doubt on incident.

3) Terrible patter at poster who mentions it. 

Unsurprising. I think you need a break from this if you're at this stage if you think most sane adults fume or are bitter or jealous about anything football related. 

You're trying way too hard here. No one is trying to paint you in a bad light, you're judged on your posts. You react to a child being hit by victim blaming and doubting it. You refuse to condemn racism. You thought a fellow fan masturbating in a public square was ok as was the reaction of his fellow fans. It's OF levels of scumminess.

I don't want to derail the thread with your nonsense. Some people actually do want to discuss the EPL in here.

38 minutes ago, JMDP said:

1) Victim blaming.

2) Casts doubt on incident.

3) Terrible patter at poster who mentions it. 

Unsurprising. I think you need a break from this if you're at this stage if you think most sane adults fume or are bitter or jealous about anything football related. 

You're trying way too hard here. No one is trying to paint you in a bad light, you're judged on your posts. You react to a child being hit by victim blaming and doubting it. You refuse to condemn racism. You thought a fellow fan masturbating in a public square was ok as was the reaction of his fellow fans. It's OF levels of scumminess.

I don't want to derail the thread with your nonsense. Some people actually do want to discuss the EPL in here.

Just wow :lol:

[emoji38] The fume and desperation to paint me as a bad guy is delicious. 
Did you ever see that 2nd leg against Barcelona or are still too bitter and jealous to post [emoji38]. 
You obviously don't have children Rab.

I can't imagine how angry I'd be if some f**k-wit (of which every team in Britain has their share - but not necessarily equal shares) threw anything that hit my child. It's a 7 year old for f**k sake.

16 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

You obviously don't have children Rab.

I can't imagine how angry I'd be if some f**k-wit (of which every team in Britain has their share - but not necessarily equal shares) threw anything that hit my child. It's a 7 year old for f**k sake.

I do Panda but trust me this guys behaviour was  outrageous. Hopefully the wee boy is ok.