English Premier League 2019-20

1 hour ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

reminded me of exhibit A (champions league thread for last season) which stood out because, well...

image.thumb.png.4899b0f8b27e7cdedc3f53a629fd0606.png

yeah. Genuinely find it a bit alarming at this point, seeing as a bipolar guy I had on facebook a few years back would do something similar (multiple, lengthy replies to himself on his own feed) after having a complete mental breakdown.

whatever this whole desperation for attention on here is about, it's not healthy behaviour for someone that's presumably in their 30s to be indulging in.

He's got to be older than 30's.

He'd be a Man Utd fanboy if he was growing up in the 90's.

11 minutes ago, JamieStevenson said:

United are finally about to get the striker Martial they paid for. Only about 4 or 5 seasons late mind you.

100% Mourinho's fault.  Utterly ruined him and destroyed his confidence, as he does with all young attacking players. 

He was on the verge of becoming a world class player before Mourinho came in and turned him into an auxiliary left-back. 

Same with Rashford, was in the process of ruining him too. 

Utter charlatan of a manager and no surprise none of the top clubs will touch him with a bargepole now after the brutal job he did at Man Utd and Chelsea second time.

4 hours ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Now there’s a question Torpy. Not sure. The new main stand has opened up the hospitality / tourist intake. There’s nearly 30,000 season ticket holders most had them for decades and local. 

Away games tickets are like gold dust still a big Scouse core to that support. 

Why would most be local?  Why would there be a Scouse core?  

Could it be that Liverpool FC are for people from....Liverpool?  Do you think that's why they're called that?

Edited by Kuro

The number of times McTominay looks over his shoulder during a game is quite incredible.

I'm yet to be convinced by his ability (control, passing etc), but his awareness and positioning are fantastic. Exactly what Man Utd need at the moment.

1 minute ago, Jaggy Snake said:

The number of times McTominay looks over his shoulder during a game is quite incredible.

I'm yet to be convinced by his ability (control, passing etc), but his awareness and positioning are fantastic. Exactly what Man Utd need at the moment.

That's why a player like that is at Man Utd, and what they teach too.  His control and passing are exemplary too, quality player.

The best bit of advice I've ever heard for any player was I think it was Ron Atkinson on TV, he said every three seconds look around you and take a picture in your head, so you're always aware where everbody around you is and where they're going. 

That way when you receive the ball or your team does you don't need to have a look you can just move or play it, at a good level you don't get the time to receive the ball then work out what to do with it.  So every three seconds look around take a picture, brilliant advice.

I have been impressed with him of late. He has started to contribute to attacks. He brings up the rear of the midfield but looks to be available and looks to pass forward instead of standing about waiting till someone needs tackled.

In this day and age your defensive midfielder needs to be more than that.