Summer transfer speculation 2019

glensmad

Robertson a good player but I think his past his sell by date,as for Dallas another good player but a bit injury prone,played twice against us last season ,came off injured both times,maybe he was trying to hard to impress 

It's interesting to see a number of clubs announcing a number of new signings, especially when season 2018-19 hasn't finished yet and a number of these players are still registered to other teams.

2 minutes ago, glensmad said:
55 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:
Hi guys. We've signed Conor Scullion from Cambuslang Rangers. Any good?

Do you not mean from Cumbernauld United ?

I have no idea. Our website said Cambuslang, but I'll trust your knowledge of the Juniors over what they put up.

Edited by Jan Vojáček

I have no idea. Our website said Cambuslang, but I'll trust your knowledge of the Juniors over what they put up.

I can't see any player called Conor Scullion registered with Cambuslang recently, but there is one still currently registered with Cumbernauld United. 20 years old.

1 hour ago, glensmad said:

I can't see any player called Conor Scullion registered with Cambuslang recently, but there is one still currently registered with Cumbernauld United. 20 years old.

That'll be him. Seems our website got it wrong. 

1 hour ago, thelangonline said:
2 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:
Hi guys. We've signed Conor Scullion from Cambuslang Rangers. Any good?

Who?

All good. Our website getting its Cumbernaulds and Cambuslangs mixed up!

A man's word should be his bond
Correct, and we know it happens all the time, but technically if a player is announced as a signing at a club while he is still registered to another club, then the other club could object. It's a quirk of this time of the year as, if it were to happen mid season, all sorts of questions would be asked.

I've not got a real problem with it, to be honest, as we know players are agreeing terms with clubs all over the place at the moment. It just seems to me that this year that sone clubs are very keen to get their announcements out in the public domain, for whatever reason.

Correct, and we know it happens all the time, but technically if a player is announced as a signing at a club while he is still registered to another club, then the other club could object. It's a quirk of this time of the year as, if it were to happen mid season, all sorts of questions would be asked.

I've not got a real problem with it, to be honest, as we know players are agreeing terms with clubs all over the place at the moment. It just seems to me that this year that sone clubs are very keen to get their announcements out in the public domain, for whatever reason.
Surely this depends on a players contract? . If they signed a professional or non contract professional they are free to talk to new clubs as of January aren't they? particularly if their new club hasn't offered terms for the following season and they will be out of contract in the summer. They can agree terms at any stage in this period and be announced as a signed player for the following season. They must still honour the terms of their current deal as well.

Surely this depends on a players contract? . If they signed a professional or non contract professional they are free to talk to new clubs as of January aren't they? particularly if their new club hasn't offered terms for the following season and they will be out of contract in the summer. They can agree terms at any stage in this period and be announced as a signed player for the following season. They must still honour the terms of their current deal as well.
Correct, but they can't be registered by their new club, so technically they haven't officially signed, whether or not they have agreed terms or physically signed a contract.

4 minutes ago, G4Mac said:
47 minutes ago, glensmad said:

We know chief,...but most of us have finished the season so we've got to have something to talk about without mentioning the "P" word until the fitba starts up again.