Crowd Wank

On 14/05/2019 at 09:06, Loondave1 said:
On 14/05/2019 at 08:57, sick boy said:
think the average this season is around 4,800, which is decent considering we have watched shite all season and finished bottom.

Better than I had imagined. Still hoping Raith stay down but Queens would be OK. Rangers aside you must be with Dunfermline the "biggest" club to sink to Div1.

Rangers didn't sink to Div 1, like an unwelcome turd they started from  the bottom and eventually floated to the top.

Average home attendance as a % of population.
1 Brechin att 581/8.07%
2 Montrose att 789/6.59%
3 East Fife att 697/6.45%
4 Stenny att 571/5.60%
5 Forfar att 665/4.73%
6 Arbroath att 950/3.97%
7 Raith att 1555/3.14%
8 Dumbarton att 617/3.08%
9 Stranraer att 339/2.60%
10 Airdrie att 763/2.05%

Suspect East Fife will have benefited from Raith and Airdrie locals at Ibrox. Brechin possibly inflated with Arbroath title winning visit amongst other variables. Not promising 100% accuracy but mainly 2011 census based.

Realistically you have to look at other things in the locality, other clubs nearby, other sporting clubs in the same town. In all of the Angus Town there is literally he haw to do except go to the local club.

Course we wouldn't  
Our Club does plenty in the community without a plastic park

And we've had steady average crowds that are up there with Airdrie for being the best at part time level for years now, 7-800ish

We don't get many 500/600 crowds in league games now, that used to be a regular thing. I remember crowds nearer 400 in the worst winter days not so long ago

Our support is what it is, couldn't care less about what the crowds are for the big games. We have won the league 3 times, only once was at home, 8 year ago and we had 2400 there that day too. The 2 away games were about 1200-1500 away fans. It doesn't mean anything it's the run of the mill league attendances that matter and ours have been good in that regard (atleast in comparison to what they used to be) for years

A plastic pitch will never happen at Gayfield, it's not needed due to where it's located

Our hospitality of 100 places or whatever is sold out all season too. I think we might be expanding that, and I think that was going to be happening regardless of what league we were going to be in next season. We've actually been selling external hospitality too where people have their meals and drinks at a restaurant in town before being bussed to Gayfield

Think we are doing reasonably well and think we are going to see a steady improvement year on year with how well we are doing in the community and with social media wtc

A plastic pitch at Gayfield.... Ffs how will a player be able to stop the ball rolling away at a set piece. Bring on the American football ball stand 🤣🤣[emoji458]

Realistically you have to look at other things in the locality, other clubs nearby, other sporting clubs in the same town. In all of the Angus Town there is literally he haw to do except go to the local club.
Aye I noticed Kirkcaldy was the Las Vegas of Fife when I was sat in Morrisons..

Read the comment you replied to again please. Geez.
I think you will find assorted golf courses, bowls clubs indoor and out ,curling rinks,swimming pools,sports campuses amongst other things in the Angus towns much like anywhere else. What is the big draw in Kirkcaldy that we are lacking bar an ice hockey team ?

I think you will find assorted golf courses, bowls clubs indoor and out ,curling rinks,swimming pools,sports campuses amongst other things in the Angus towns much like anywhere else. What is the big draw in Kirkcaldy that we are lacking bar an ice hockey team ?
You don't get 2000 crowds at the aforementioned events to compete.

You don't get 2000 crowds at the aforementioned events to compete.

Don't think Flyers fans are exclusively ALL from Kirkcaldy, if you're claiming that they affect your Home attendances than they do so for all the Fife clubs!!!

Don't think Flyers fans are exclusively ALL from Kirkcaldy, if you're claiming that they affect your Home attendances than they do so for all the Fife Clubs, but admittedly probably to a lesser extent!!!
Probably more so than a sports centre and a bowling club [emoji3]

22 hours ago, Loondave1 said:
22 hours ago, foreverarover said:
Read the comment you replied to again please. Geez.

What is the big draw in Kirkcaldy that we are lacking bar an ice hockey team ?

The shittest full time team in Scotland?

Edited by Mexico

I wondered what this thread was about and assumed it was a scheme to boost attendances, enticing those only mildly interested in football (or those abnormally excited by it). 

Carry on.