Crowd Wank

Severely doubt there weren't more away fans at the derby games than the non-derby games, on average but won't know without the figures obviously.

Just watch the highlights if you really are desperate to know. Away crowds have been shite this season, Raith took a cracking support through before Christmas, Forfar was good too around that time, Montrose and EF have been decent. That one Raith game would've had more away fans than the two trips from Brechin and 1 of the Montrose away supports combined

How many away fans do Raith get at EF?

5 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Just watch the highlights if you really are desperate to know. Away crowds have been shite this season, Raith took a cracking support through before Christmas, Forfar was good too around that time, Montrose and EF have been decent. That one Raith game would've had more away fans than the two trips from Brechin and 1 of the Montrose away supports combined

How many away fans do Raith get at EF?

First time was about 1k i think, second was certainly less than that. 

First time was about 1k i think, second was certainly less than that. 

Even if it was half of that 1k, say 500 and EF got 1.5k through their gates for the 2 games against you that would exceed any boost we had from the 6 visits of Forfar, Brechin and Montrose.

I wondered if Arbroath fans felt dissapointed with their crowds given their hugely impressive championship win?

I thought there would have been much more fairweather/glory hunting fans at the last Arbroath-Montrose derby (aknowledging that our away support was poor that day).

Also thought the attendance v Raith was less than I thought it would be. Maybe because it was Easter Sunday?

I wondered if Arbroath fans felt dissapointed with their crowds given their hugely impressive championship win?

I thought there would have been much more fairweather/glory hunting fans at the last Arbroath-Montrose derby (aknowledging that our away support was poor that day).

Also thought the attendance v Raith was less than I thought it would be. Maybe because it was Easter Sunday?

Average of just under 1000 over 18 games why would we be disappointed we usually average around 750?

1000 for a meaningless game at 4pm on a Sunday afternoon isn't disappointing either. Nobody thought we would win the league against Montrose there was still 1550 or something there which was hardly poor. The fair weather / glory hunters or whatever you want to call them went to the game against Brechin

22 minutes ago, A Username With Mo In It said:

I thought Arbroath have had great crowds this season. The only crowds that dipped under 700 were the two Stranraer games.

14 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

Average away fixture attendance for each League 1 club:

1. Arbroath - 991
2. Raith Rovers - 886
3. East Fife - 807
4. Montrose - 747
5. Forfar - 731
6. Airdrie - 718
7. Brechin - 716
8. Stenhousemuir - 660
9. Dumbarton - 659
10. Stranraer - 616

Can the Larbert £ replace the maroon £ in League 1 though, that's the big question.

46 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:
1 hour ago, sick boy said:

Falkirk, pal.

You should indeed win the crowdwank then. Any forecasts what home attendances will be like then ?

think the average this season is around 4,800, which is decent considering we have watched shite all season and finished bottom.

think the average this season is around 4,800, which is decent considering we have watched shite all season and finished bottom.
Better than I had imagined. Still hoping Raith stay down but Queens would be OK. Rangers aside you must be with Dunfermline the "biggest" club to sink to Div1.

23 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:
32 minutes ago, sick boy said:

Better than I had imagined. Still hoping Raith stay down but Queens would be OK. Rangers aside you must be with Dunfermline the "biggest" club to sink to Div1.

really looking forward to playing all of the teams in the league, only really generally acquainted with Raith and Dumbarton. 

some cracking away days also!

35 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:
44 minutes ago, sick boy said:

You really are taking Saturday badly. 

16 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

Average away fixture attendance for each League 1 club:

1. Arbroath - 991
2. Raith Rovers - 886
3. East Fife - 807
4. Montrose - 747
5. Forfar - 731
6. Airdrie - 718
7. Brechin - 716
8. Stenhousemuir - 660
9. Dumbarton - 659
10. Stranraer - 616

Massive crowds for what is glorified Junior football at twice the price.

I understand that all teams will have certain factors for attendances but Raith also have the Fife Flyers in Kirkcaldy. (Basically a two team town) I have been to a couple over the past 2 years and it’s pretty much a sell out.

Think it’s like 2000/2500 per game sometimes twice a week at home.

Good team in the top division of British Ice Hockey, must have more appeal than good team 3rd division Scottish football

Don’t know if this is at all a huge factor or a wee one but worth taking into account I reckon