Crowd Wank

22 minutes ago, peternapper said:

Can see this forum is going to be a big change from the League 2 one, after a whole season of listening to Clyde fans waffling & greeting non-stop having facts & figures & even percentages to look at is going to take a bit of getting used to. Impressive stuff. :)

#ClydeWanks

I can't stand those deluded fools. Fingers crossed they stay where they belong. 

Average away fixture attendance for each League 1 club:

1. Arbroath - 991
2. Raith Rovers - 886
3. East Fife - 807
4. Montrose - 747
5. Forfar - 731
6. Airdrie - 718
7. Brechin - 716
8. Stenhousemuir - 660
9. Dumbarton - 659
10. Stranraer - 616

Average home attendance as a % of population.
1 Brechin att 581/8.07%
2 Montrose att 789/6.59%
3 East Fife att 697/6.45%
4 Stenny att 571/5.60%
5 Forfar att 665/4.73%
6 Arbroath att 950/3.97%
7 Raith att 1555/3.14%
8 Dumbarton att 617/3.08%
9 Stranraer att 339/2.60%
10 Airdrie att 763/2.05%

Suspect East Fife will have benefited from Raith and Airdrie locals at Ibrox. Brechin possibly inflated with Arbroath title winning visit amongst other variables. Not promising 100% accuracy but mainly 2011 census based.

Good work Loondave1. The main thing I deduce is that going to the fitba would be much improved if games were better attended. Attendances of the last 40 year suggest this is not going to happen. Pity.

Grim stuff, sad to see the decline in Raith and particularly Airdrie.
Graveyard league, we better not f**k it up again this season.
Don't hang about or you will become all bitter and twisted like the Rovers.

Good work Loondave1. The main thing I deduce is that going to the fitba would be much improved if games were better attended. Attendances of the last 40 year suggest this is not going to happen. Pity.
I'm just thankful ours is stabilised. Been roughly the same for decades.

I'm old enough to have seen big Harry K in a Loons strip. Forgot all about him.
Yeah, I'm in the age bracket that witnessed the big guy play for the Bairns. Loved watching him at Brockville as a kid and his song always stuck in my head.

Harry Kinnear the cock of the north,
The best centre forward this side of the Forth 🤣🤣

1 minute ago, Mon_The_Fife said:

Any stats for Clyde and Falkirk? Must be close to 100% of their region.

Once Leven has a railway, the crowds will come flooding back.

Tried calculating Falkirk's average crowds but I don't have enough memory in my laptop to handle numbers that big.

Yeah, I'm in the age bracket that witnessed the big guy play for the Bairns. Loved watching him at Brockville as a kid and his song always stuck in my head.

Harry Kinnear the cock of the north,
The best centre forward this side of the Forth 🤣🤣
9/09/78 Scored in a 1 0 defeat of Falkirk at Station Park. I remember being at that game and the crowd were a bit "boisterous" outside..

Derbies made a significant difference to Arbroath's average attendance this season.
Average Angus derby crowd = 1,105
Average non-Angus derby crowd = 873

You never read what I said. I said more home fans, East Fife would've taken more to us than Brechin did. Forfar had a good crowd at Christmas time and the 2 Montrose away supports especially the second one at the end of the season were very disappointing again EF probably had more

27 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

You never read what I said. I said more home fans, East Fife would've taken more to us than Brechin did. Forfar had a good crowd at Christmas time and the 2 Montrose away supports especially the second one at the end of the season were very disappointing again EF probably had more

Severely doubt there weren't more away fans at the derby games than the non-derby games, on average but won't know without the figures obviously.