Jeremy Kyle taken off air

I'm surprised more hasn't been made of Jeremy Kyle berating the production staff.  What an awful awful man.  I bet he goes into politics next.
Going into court next if reports are to be believed as he intends to sue C4. I really hope that ends as badly for him as I think it will.

I'm surprised more hasn't been made of Jeremy Kyle berating the production staff.  What an awful awful man.  I bet he goes into politics next.
Going into court next if reports are to be believed as he intends to sue C4. I really hope that ends as badly for him as I think it will.
I can honestly see him being the 2020s Kilroy with a descent into far-right politics.  You could always tell when he was on the back foot when he used how tough soldiers in the army had it as a retort.

Watching the programme now. I find it a bit rich that these people who worked on it for years as it got more and more popular were all just horrified at the things they did to exploit the people on it the entire time. I don't really think they can pontificate about the morals of it now just because it finally caught up with them.

Watched both parts of the documentary earlier. It just increased my hatred of Jeremy Kyle. I was aware that guests on the show were asked to "kick off" to a degree, but wasn't aware of just how bad it was. 

Kyle is clearly a monster but I don’t think everything can be laid at his door. The audiences went to significant trouble in order to participate. They actually contacted the show themselves and took time out of their lives to travel and attend. They did this on the basis of having watched the show. They then signed waivers. These people are adults and many of them behaved appallingly.

3 hours ago, Thorongil said:

Kyle is clearly a monster but I don’t think everything can be laid at his door. The audiences went to significant trouble in order to participate. They actually contacted the show themselves and took time out of their lives to travel and attend. They did this on the basis of having watched the show. They then signed waivers. These people are adults and many of them behaved appallingly.

Most of them were vulnerable and did it on the basis they thought he would help them rather than subject them to psychological bombardment...

1 hour ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

Most of them were vulnerable and did it on the basis they thought he would help them rather than subject them to psychological bombardment...

Yeah, I’ve watched the programme now, seems that was very much the case. ITV must have known.

I only saw a little of the documentary. Didn't the show have some sort of resident psychologist? What was the take on his input?

Graham? He would come in near the end when Kyle had finished berating the poor fuckers and try and give some advice in a calmer manner. He was seen as some sort of loving hero on the show but he spoke about as much shite at Kyle but did it in a calmer way. Any kind of decent psychologist would be nowhere near a show like that given how poorly the participants were treated.

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

Graham? He would come in near the end when Kyle had finished berating the poor fuckers and try and give some advice in a calmer manner. He was seen as some sort of loving hero on the show but he spoke about as much shite at Kyle but did it in a calmer way. Any kind of decent psychologist would be nowhere near a show like that given how poorly the participants were treated.

That's the guy I was thinking of. I imagine his career as a psychologist or whatever it was he did is over - he was the fig leaf the show hid behind. 

When I was off work in 2009 I watched this for a few days, but just couldn't keep it up. Utterly depressing TV. 

Does anyone actually know somebody who went on the show?

One of the locals at a old job I worked at took her boyfriend on because he went out on the piss while she was giving birth. For some reason he thought turning up to give his side of the story was a capital idea, and was apparently unhappy when things didn't go so well for him.

There must be hundreds of kids who are now old enough to look up footage of the time their parents took part in a screaming shitshow of hate in front of millions. Or have the other kids at school show it to them, constantly.

• 5 months later...

A former guest on the Jeremy Kyle show, who went on in an attempt to get treatment for his supposed sex addiction has been convicted on a number of rapes, some of underage girls.

Here’s Danny Fuller in the press bemoaning Kyle for being unfair to his guests (Fuller went on the show five times).

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/people/west-lothian-sex-addict-tells-jeremy-kyle-show-trauma-after-guest-suicide-546844?amp

Here’s the report on Danny’s conviction for four rapes, one attempted rape and one sexual assault, on five different women over more than ten years.

https://www.ross-shirejournal.co.uk/news/man-38-who-raped-four-victims-including-an-attack-on-a-g-285076/?fbclid=IwAR28AAR_CcDvsff-ubmkQGzsbAdK9UOkMV3Jmils-MZyeawwjo7bBDTGLIw&fs=e&s=cl

A former guest on the Jeremy Kyle show, who went on in an attempt to get treatment for his supposed sex addiction has been convicted on a number of rapes, some of underage girls.
Here’s Danny Fuller in the press bemoaning Kyle for being unfair to his guests (Fuller went on the show five times).
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/people/west-lothian-sex-addict-tells-jeremy-kyle-show-trauma-after-guest-suicide-546844?amp

Here’s the report on Danny’s conviction for four rapes, one attempted rape and one sexual assault, on five different women over more than ten years.
https://www.ross-shirejournal.co.uk/news/man-38-who-raped-four-victims-including-an-attack-on-a-g-285076/?fbclid=IwAR28AAR_CcDvsff-ubmkQGzsbAdK9UOkMV3Jmils-MZyeawwjo7bBDTGLIw&fs=e&s=cl

Fucking scumbag. Kyle is scum as well but I don't think he can be blamed for that piece of shit nonce's behaviour.

7 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Fucking scumbag. Kyle is scum as well but I don't think he can be blamed for that piece of shit nonce's behaviour.

Definitely not.

There are other examples of victims and perpetrators of violent and sexual crimes appearing on the Kyle show. Infamously one of the victims of the grooming-gangs scandal appeared on the show, presented as an out of control teenager, berated by Kyle for her behaviour. She was subsequently murdered by one of her abusers.

The guy also looked like a paedo, which is half the battle.

• 1 month later...