Jeremy Kyle taken off air

Like a lot of these types of exploitation programmes, it's all about the viewing figures and advertising revenues.  The "guests" are collateral damage, used to maximise the viewer impact.

Keep this shite off the screens - then maybe some of the fat, lazy work-shy b*****ds will be forced to seek gainful employment.

• 2 years later...
10 hours ago, Clown Job said:

Remember he was the real victim in all of this apparently 

So cancelled he was on TV for decades and now he's back on TV (and radio?) I'm quite glad I have no idea who the fat guy is, and that I've never heard of talk radio (it's like talk sport I guess?)

Jeremy Kyle's show was about baiting and making fun of vulnerable people, including some of whom he drove to suicide. Fair enough if that's the free speech hill you want to die on but the world's a better place without it.

And I actually watched his show (occasionally) and to catch a Predator. World is still a better place without either.

Presumably his new show follows the grifter narrative of snowflakes and cancel culture. Podcasts is surely rendering such content obsolete.

5 minutes ago, Satoshi said:

So cancelled he was on TV for decades and now he's back on TV (and radio?) I'm quite glad I have no idea who the fat guy is, and that I've never heard of talk radio (it's like talk sport I guess?)

Jeremy Kyle's show was about baiting and making fun of vulnerable people, including some of whom he drove to suicide. Fair enough if that's the free speech hill you want to die on but the world's a better place without it.

And I actually watched his show (occasionally) and to catch a Predator. World is still a better place without either.

Presumably his new show follows the grifter narrative of snowflakes and cancel culture. Podcasts is surely rendering such content obsolete.

Talk Radio is like The Sun. Radio The Sun. 

Talk Radio is the sister channel to Talk Sport and Virgin FM.

I listen to a little of talk radio now and again, just to hear what the frothing mouths have to say about certain on goings at the given time.  Not switched on during the Ukraine conflict, as yet.  I always think that they spout their pishe just to get reactions from their listeners, however, the listeners do phone up and agree, when they don't they get told their a moron and cut off. It's a nasty piece of media.

Only ever watched Kyle program about 2 times(probably in someone else's house), utter shite.

20 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I'll also never understand why anyone would ever allow themselves to participate in a show like that, either as an audience member, production or active participant.

I saw a few minutes of the documentary last night and the people who went on were desperate and did it on the promise of paid for professional help at the end of it, such as drug rehab. 

Except the background staff were made to lie to the participating families and tell them they were competing for a spot in rehab against 3/4 other families, with the spot going to the family that needed it the most. I.e wind them up into a frenzy of desperation so when they’re out on stage they are making ‘good tv’. 

A really shameful programme that was there just to sneer at a perceived under class. 

Edited by Dons_1988

8 hours ago, Satoshi said:

He looks like the fuckwit who thinks you can grow concrete.

5 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

I saw a few minutes of the documentary last night and the people who went on were desperate and did it on the promise of paid for professional help at the end of it, such as drug rehab. 

Except the background staff were made to lie to the participating families and tell them they were competing for a spot in rehab against 3/4 other families, with the spot going to the family that needed it the most. I.e wind them up into a frenzy of desperation so when they’re out on stage they are making ‘good tv’. 

A really shameful programme that was there just to sneer at a perceived under class. 

The 2nd part is on tonight, few more shocking revelations