Jeremy Kyle taken off air

8 minutes ago, johnthebaptistist said:

An old friend of mine was on it years ago for a paternity test, he was the winner as the kids were proven to be his. The mother then took him to court to get money off him, he won this also as it was discovered she was a bit of a mad junkie and he got custody of the kids. He still has a VHS of it.

This post just gets more and more tragic as it goes on.

4 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

This post just gets more and more tragic as it goes on.

I'm just imagining that this guy has actually kept his VHS player for the sole purpose of being able to watch his glorious appearance on JK.

I file the Jeremy Kyle show in the same bracket as 'Undateables'.  Exploitation of individuals, clearly most of them with a varying number of physical or mental health issues.  Complete gutter TV aimed at utter zoomers who get all their news from Facebook.  Brilliant news that it's been taken off the air.  The collective IQ of the nation should rise as a result.

Edited by TheScarf

It no lose to the world that this program is gone.

Total exploitation of individuals and situations for the entertainment of others. JK is an odious creature provoking and baiting individuals that often due to alcohol or drugs issues are not mentally in a position to argue back and deal with what they are being put through. Actually surprised there has not been more suicides or murders relating to this program and the way people are left at the end 

My mam was taken down to Norwich with one of her clients to appear on the Trisha show which was about raving junkies. I never seen the show but remember that she said they got sent train tickets then picked up in a Skoda by the producers..top telly.

edit - Hopefully Mr Kyle has a meltdown and loses all his blood money on the GGs

Edited by dirty dingus

19 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I file the Jeremy Kyle show in the same bracket as 'Undateables'.  Exploitation of individuals, clearly most of them with a varying number of physical or mental health issues.  Complete gutter TV aimed ant utter zoomers who get all their news from Facebook.  Brilliant news that it's been taken off the air.  The collective IQ of the nation should rise as a result.

Can never decide on the ethics of The Undateables, but I definitely don't think it's fair to lump them into the same category. The Undateables, for all its many faults, generally tries to paint mentally and physically disabled people in a good light and show that they have the same thoughts and feelings as everyone else. Jeremy Kyle is the TV equivalent of rubbernecking a car crash, trying to bring out the worst of people to entertain the gawking hordes.

Can never decide on the ethics of The Undateables, but I definitely don't think it's fair to lump them into the same category. The Undateables, for all its many faults, generally tries to paint mentally and physically disabled people in a good light and show that they have the same thoughts and feelings as everyone else. Jeremy Kyle is the TV equivalent of rubbernecking a car crash, trying to bring out the worst of people to entertain the gawking hordes.

Yeah, sometimes the Undateables leaves you with a warm fuzzy feeling & I do think the producers aren’t trying to bring out the worst traits etc of the people on the show (to be fair it’s years since I last viewed it & it may have changed).
Kyle is a scumbag of the highest order who seems to enjoy inflicting misery on already clearly disturbed or struggling people.
But it must be said his viewing figures must be reasonable or he’d have been off air years ago, which is a sad indictment on UK society in general.

Occasionally there have been shows where he has helped people find relatives they hadn't seen for years.
If it was that sort of show it might be okay.

However, it is far more likely to be people who storm on stage, swearing and cursing at everyone.
Easily the most dysfunctional families around.
I have always found it a puzzle that these people despise each other but still agree to appear on the show together.

3 hours ago, ICTChris said:

I know someone who met Jeremy Kyle through work and said he was a complete arsehole.

Huge if true.

2 hours ago, johnthebaptistist said:

An old friend of mine was on it years ago for a paternity test, he was the winner as the kids were proven to be his. The mother then took him to court to get money off him, he won this also as it was discovered she was a bit of a mad junkie and he got custody of the kids. He still has a VHS of it.

I may be misunderstanding this, but it looks as though he was excused his child maintenance responsibilities. That's... unusual.

2 hours ago, johnthebaptistist said:

How are your kids now?

25 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

Occasionally there have been shows where he has helped people find relatives they hadn't seen for years.
If it was that sort of show it might be okay.

However, it is far more likely to be people who storm on stage, swearing and cursing at everyone.
Easily the most dysfunctional families around.
I have always found it a puzzle that these people despise each other but still agree to appear on the show together.

I happened to see a couple of "shows" last week - one was exactly that, 2 gobby sisters  (twins) who just roared and shouted at everyone (including JK) and a complete liar of a man whose excuse for anytime he was caught lying was "I was drunk".

The other one was about 2 sisters, one of whom accused theother of stealing her holiday money. She hadn't, and then sister whose money had been stolen said she now knew who had taken it. She didn't tell us, though.

I happened to see a couple of "shows" last week - one was exactly that, 2 gobby sisters  (twins) who just roared and shouted at everyone (including JK) and a complete liar of a man whose excuse for anytime he was caught lying was "I was drunk".
The other one was about 2 sisters, one of whom accused theother of stealing her holiday money. She hadn't, and then sister whose money had been stolen said she now knew who had taken it. She didn't tell us, though.

Was it Jeremy? Can see him being a thief too.

So your on eight bags off herion a day you rob and steal and sell your body to pay for it

Dont worry Kyle totally understands your situation and has empathy and humility to your situation 

Cos his brother had drug problems to but least he never disowned him like Gordon Ramsey did with his brother 

Bawbag off the highest order

Oh best not mention his baws

Touchy subject