Jeremy Kyle taken off air

The Jeremy Kyle Show has been taken off air following the death of a guest.  The guest died shortly after filming the show and filming and broadcast of the programme has been stopped while a review is carried out.  There are no details of the death at the moment.

I know someone who met Jeremy Kyle through work and said he was a complete arsehole.  I'm amazed the show stayed on air for as long as it did, especially after a previous case where a guest was killed after the show.  Laura Wilson was murdered in 2010 after having been sexually exploited by a number of men in Rotherham.  The case was linked to, but not directly connected with, the notorious street grooming case in Rotherham.  Laura appeared on the Jeremy Kyle show in 2007 as part of a piece on 'out of control teenagers', although amazingly Mr Kyle didn't identify that she was being repeatedly abused by various adult men.

Have any P&Bers ever set up a vile TV show based on exploiting the vulnerable?

Have any P&Bers ever been a guest on Jeremy Kyle's show?

Was reading it was the transgender female that won £4 million on a scratchcard from Hull that was the guest in question.  Hopefully it transpires that he berated her and the show is permanently cancelled.  An odious cretin of a human being if ever there was one.

guy is an absolute w**k, exploiting mostly disadvantaged people. 

he is also on some mad power trip shouting at people while his hired goons watch over him, most definitely bullied at school.

the people in the audience are also mindless cretins of the highest order.

I mind reading an interview with a women who worked in recruitment for shows like this but maybe not specifically Jeremy Kyle.  They were basically instructed to find folk who were a bit mental but not totally off the rails.  She would routinely ask if the guests were on any medication and try and guess from that how mental they were. She made the very valid point that these shows aggressively shout about what is "morally right" when the cameras are rolling but the actual process of getting these poor fuckers on the telly was probably the most immoral thing she'd ever done. I may be misremembering but I think she ended up with severe depression and left the job.

The people who go on the Jeremy Kyle show know exactly what they are getting themselves into. Attention seeking slum dwelling idiots usually who think that being humiliated on TV is worth is for a night in a hotel and a few drinks.

7 minutes ago, Dele said:

Why has it been cancelled because someone killed themselves a week after being filmed for the program? 

Presumably to investigate whether or not their experience being humiliated on tv led them to suicide.

14 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I mind reading an interview with a women who worked in recruitment for shows like this but maybe not specifically Jeremy Kyle.  They were basically instructed to find folk who were a bit mental but not totally off the rails.  She would routinely ask if the guests were on any medication and try and guess from that how mental they were. She made the very valid point that these shows aggressively shout about what is "morally right" when the cameras are rolling but the actual process of getting these poor fuckers on the telly was probably the most immoral thing she'd ever done. I may be misremembering but I think she ended up with severe depression and left the job.

I think that's in Jon Ronson's Psychopath Test book.  She said that if you have someone who is on anti-psychotics then that's a no-no but depression is A-OK.

13 minutes ago, Romeo said:

The people who go on the Jeremy Kyle show know exactly what they are getting themselves into. Attention seeking slum dwelling idiots usually who think that being humiliated on TV is worth is for a night in a hotel and a few drinks.

It's still taking advantage of said slum dwelling idiots, reeling them into something horrible with the offer of a night of free booze.

It's clearly an immoral program but the sad thing is with any gutter tv is that there is clearly a healthy market of people who want to watch this rubbish.

19 minutes ago, Dele said:

Why has it been cancelled because someone killed themselves a week after being filmed for the program? 

Because they didn't kill themselves on camera?

An old friend of mine was on it years ago for a paternity test, he was the winner as the kids were proven to be his. The mother then took him to court to get money off him, he won this also as it was discovered she was a bit of a mad junkie and he got custody of the kids. He still has a VHS of it.

Edited by johnthebaptistist

58 minutes ago, sick boy said:

guy is an absolute w**k, exploiting mostly disadvantaged people. 

he is also on some mad power trip shouting at people while his hired goons watch over him, most definitely bullied at school.

the people in the audience are also mindless cretins of the highest order.

Apart from that though, do you enjoy the show?

35 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Presumably to investigate whether or not their experience being humiliated on tv led them to suicide.

But they haven't been on television yet and how will they ever find that out, unless they left a note?